Employer sponsorship

Jason Martin

Immigration should have issued you with a bridging visa when you applied for the 189 visa.

Did this happen? If so, you should be fine provided your 189 is granted. Hopefully you have done all the necessary due diligence on that and had your skill assessment positively assessed and your other points for the application fully accounted for with ample evidence to back everything up, all certified as necessary. If you have all that, you are good. If you have any element of doubt, you should see a migration agent (MARA affiliated) ASAP so your application can be reviewed.

Many thanks for your response. Although Immigration gave me a bridging visa, my 457 takes priority as it still has 1.5 years to run. I didn't have to take a skills test as I am not here carrying out my primary trade. I won't be able to contact my Mara agent until Monday so I am panicking that I have just lost several thousand dollars.

189 visas are skilled independent, and not employer sponsored. Are you sure it's a 189 visa?

If if its an employer sponsored PR visa and your employer is withdrawing their support for that, then that is an entirely different question!

Hi, the nomination was approved last Sep, I am just waiting to be granted PR. Yes, I do know why they said that They are removing their support and it is something that I could take further but it not something that I wish to make public at this stage. They haven't fired me and are continuing my 457 sponsorship.

Hi, I am trying to get a 187 rsms. I've had an email from my Mara agent whom says there is a solution. It just seems odd to me that my employer can withdraw their sponsorship but still keep me employed on a 457.

It's a whole other visa, so totally possible. Your best bet is to convince them to change their mind I would think. Did you have a contract written up about the sponsorship?

Archived