18 year old daughter /signing visa

Barry1986

We are looking to go to Aus 2017. Our daughter is unsure that she wants to come. My wife and I have decided to go ahead with the visa with all three of us. But have one question when we go to Aus to sign for your visa do all three of us have to be present or can me and my wife go for ours and our daughter come at a later date?

How long do you have from your visa been granted to when you have validate?

It depends. You have one year from the date of your medical or your police check, whichever is earlier (I think), so how long to validate depends on how long between doing these and getting your visa grant.

Usually the time given to validate relates to police checks/ medicals not grant. You have 12 months from the date of the first police check or medical to enter Australia to validate. You have five years from the visa grant to settle permanently. You do not have to travel together. Sometimes there is a condition on the visa grant that the main applicant must enter first, this seems to be a bit random though, but means the main applicant should arrive before the rest of you.

Definately get your daughter on the visa and make her validate it. Tell her it doesn't force her to move but gives her the choice. Many people have made this mistake and then cannot re unite the family as children cannot get visas to join them.

One of our sons validated his visa then returned to the UK to do a PHd. We pay for him to come out each year and visit him too. He is not yet sure if he will live in Australia but knows he has the chance if he wants too. He would also most likely get an RRV after five years as we will be citizens and his link to Aus.

Archived