Do u need migration agent for partner visa

Suem8

I've got Autralian passport been in uk 4 years now trying to get my partner of 3 years into oz on a partner visa is it easy enough to do without an agent.

i didn't have one when I emergrated I did on my own for me and my family.

iv using an agent who do you recommend?

I did my partner visa without an agent. We considered using one but when we looked in to it the hardest part of the application was gathering all the evidence together and you have to do that yourself even if you use an agent. If there are any complications to your application, eg step children, criminal convictions or difficulty providing the evidence required, then it would be worth using an agent but otherwise I would suggest downloading the forms and the partner booklet and have a go yourself.

Think you posted previously and said that you and your partner weren't living together, as a result, I think it might be helpful to at least consult an agent to get them to give you an opinion on the evidence you do have to demonstrate you're a couple. Even if you do the visa application yourself, their advice might be helpful at the start?

Agents are worth their weight in gold when it comes to advice. However it will be you doing the running around and collecting the evidence. I did my defacto visa alone with alot of reading and research. As mentioned if you have anything like convictions and lack of evidence it would be worth getting one

It depends which visa you hope to apply for, what your situation is, etc. Certainly having an initial consultation to get you started down the right path is a good idea, and perhaps a review consultation before you submit to make sure you don't have any gaping holes.

You mention you've been in Australia 4 years and want to get your 3-year partner in. Are you looking at a 300 (Prospective Marriage Visa)? That would likely be fairly straight forward. If you're trying for de facto and haven't been living together, you're likely looking at a very challenging visa.

It depends which visa you hope to apply for, what your situation is, etc. Certainly having an initial consultation to get you started down the right path is a good idea, and perhaps a review consultation before you submit to make sure you don't have any gaping holes.

You mention you've been in Australia 4 years and want to get your 3-year partner in. Are you looking at a 300 (Prospective Marriage Visa)? That would likely be fairly straight forward. If you're trying for de facto and haven't been living together, you're likely looking at a very challenging visa.

OP says has been in UK for 4 years, not Australia, but has Australian passport.

I didn't use one and had one of the quickest visa grants I've seen (onshore). Really found the process easy and transparent personally. Mine wasn't even straight forward had lived together under a year.

I'm Aussie lived there 16 years now back in uk 4 years with my partner 3 years looking at going back to love as my adult children love out there and visiting them every 6 months which is something I can't keep doing so I think time to move back.

just looking at getting my partner in.

I think you should get some advice from an agent tbh.

If only to get all the facts straight as your past posts indicate that you only returned to the UK just over 3 years ago and last July you claimed to be single and considering returning to Oz as a single person. If you deemed yourself single last July you may have problems establishing that you have been in a defacto relationship for more than 12 months, let alone 3 years. Dating is not a defacto relationship.

I assume that your new partner is fully onboard with the move and has no issues like children, criminal history or health problems.

Also bear in mind that the partner visa is expensive as well as the costs of relocating. If you are both in your 50s getting work may be far from straightforward for you both too.

Good luck with it all.

In December you posted that you don't live with him, but earlier this month you posted that you've lived with him for more than a year. If you do proceed with a de facto application, you will need to make sure you meet the criteria for 12 months of a de facto relationship. It may be worthwhile speaking with a migration agent about this since it sounds like yours isn't a straightforward situation.

Archived