What happens during stop over?

newtoallofthis

I have a doggy that will hopefully be coming to Sydney with us next year, apart from all the usual worries about how he will cope, I have been trying to find out if they at least get a run around between flights? He will need to go London-Sydney so they must have to stop, I just hate the idea that he'll be in the cage for 20+ hours with no break to stretch in between?

Can anyone offer any guidance? I have been searching online and cant find anything?

I have a doggy that will hopefully be coming to Sydney with us next year, apart from all the usual worries about how he will cope, I have been trying to find out if they at least get a run around between flights? He will need to go London-Sydney so they must have to stop, I just hate the idea that he'll be in the cage for 20+ hours with no break to stretch in between?

Can anyone offer any guidance? I have been searching online and cant find anything?

We are flying our Shar Pei out in April two hour stopover in Dubai with Emirates he stays on the plane then flies on Personally I would want him to be let out of the cage anywhere as he would bolt !He will need to go London -Melbourne too as only one Quarantine Station in Oz now

Just put this link up in another thread ....this gives details as to the Dubai Airport transfer services for Animals. Many Animals transit Dubai on their way to Australia ...my 3 are flying out from Manchester to Dubai then on to Melbourne in May I also wanted them to have a longer transit break in Dubai, they are having a 10 hour stopover, arrive late at night into Dubai and they will leave mid morning.... due to them being big dogs I felt they will need a bit of a stretch :) Hope this link helps

Thought this link might give some needed info on what happens during transit at the Dubai Airport Animal Centre and what options for Animals etc

"DKC is the exclusive, official Animal Handler for Emirates and dnata, providing animal care management on behalf of these two organisations for the countless animals which transit through Dubai International Airport (DXB) and Dubai World Central (DWC) each year... for your pets of all kinds and an endless variety of small and large exotics."

http://www.dkc.ae/what-we-do/global-...port-oversight

Guest The Pom Queen

I have moved your thread in to the general pet forum.

One thing that you need to realise is that there is only one quarantine station in Australia now, so your dog will be flying in to Melbourne for its quarantine stay, you will then need to fly it up to Sydney, this is where Dogtainers can help.

We are flying our Shar Pei out in April two hour stopover in Dubai with Emirates he stays on the plane then flies on Personally I would want him to be let out of the cage anywhere as he would bolt !He will need to go London -Melbourne too as only one Quarantine Station in Oz now

There is a mandatory stop over in Dubai for animals. I believe it is about 4 hours.

Beware of letting dogs out! Friends of my parents, U.K. Expats, were moving with work from Chile to the Netherlands. They had an enormous Chilean Sheepdog to move. It was let out for a stretch at Rion de Janeiro airport and promptly escaped. They were hauled off their flight and put into the back of a military jeep as it screamed down the main runway trying to catch their dog. They got it in the end and they all eventually arrived in Holland!

Hi Newtoall,

Dogtainers can help with domestic flights and Bob can help from PetAir UK for transport to Melbourne as PomQueen has advised we only have the new Melbourne quarantine open now. Its cheap and easy to sort out internal domestic fights and we move over 35,000 pets a year domestically so happy to sort this out if you need it. https://www.dogtainers.com.au/get-a-quote. Or let Bob sort it all out for you.

Mick

There is no right or wrong about this, you know your pets better than anyone. Some pets will benefit from a longer stop in Dubai, some who dont like being handled will be happier to stay in their crates and not be handled/taken out/approached by strangers. Definitely cats are better to stay in their crates and just get the journey done with. With dogs it depends on their personality really.

Please do start the rabies work nice and early so that there is no delay and check out this to help you with the process https://www.petairuk.com/taking-pets-to-australia

There is no right or wrong about this, you know your pets better than anyone. Some pets will benefit from a longer stop in Dubai, some who dont like being handled will be happier to stay in their crates and not be handled/taken out/approached by strangers. Definitely cats are better to stay in their crates and just get the journey done with. With dogs it depends on their personality really.

Please do start the rabies work nice and early so that there is no delay and check out this to help you with the process https://www.petairuk.com/taking-pets-to-australia

Thank you! Does the rabies certificate expire? If i get it done now will it expire before we actually come to leaving the UK?