January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be hearing from them soon, it's 79 days. You could get your form80 done, it's a nice 18 page form to fill in, a lot of people have been asked for it. I've constructed a response time graph https://goo.gl/cjKjJS showing how long it's taken for a response, check it out, someone's took over 100 days, but you can see most are half the wait time you've already waited for. Someone on here might have some advice for you.

Thanks!!

In m Visa 189 I'm the main applicant and added my wife as co-applicant.

I just want to confirm Form 80 is required for main applicant only or have to fill it for my spouse also???

Better get ready with both...

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Waiting, waiting and waiting since 22nd Jan. Still heard nothing from DIPB. Getting impatient now. I've seen cases in other threads, who are hanging for more than 6 months.

Is there anyone in this thread like me, who has lodged his application in January and waiting for their grants?

Waiting, waiting and waiting since 22nd Jan. Still heard nothing from DIPB. Getting impatient now. I've seen cases in other threads, who are hanging for more than 6 months.

Is there anyone in this thread like me, who has lodged his application in January and waiting for their grants?

Same situation mate!

waiting since 18-Jan-2016, nothing from DIBP side.

I lodged 26th Jan, me my husband and 19yr son. Medicals pcc and all documents including form 80 x3 uploaded to agent for application.

Last contact form Co was for more dependency info for son a few weeks ago, which were sent the same week ( mind you my agent is doing it all so no idea if she sends as soon as she recieves from me or the week or 2 later!! )

Ive not heard nothing since then again.

I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

good luck

I'm 2nd January! front loaded all docs, except I have had 3 responses since then for further employment history... I'm on the waiting game again :(

@Tanuj Kundra @GarrySingh @Charlottehill76 - whats your main applicants occupation.... if it actually matters :S:S ?

Edited by lukescotty

I'm 2nd January! front loaded all docs, except I have had 3 responses since then for further employment history... I'm on the waiting game again :(

@Tanuj Kundra @GarrySingh @Charlottehill76 - whats your main applicants occupation.... if it actually matters :S:S ?

I'm the main applicant and my Occupation is "Electronics Engineer".

maybe it's because of occupation capping/ceasing that in some categories there is a delayed response.

but in mine case status ("Application Received") in immiaccount hasn't changed from day 1.

no CO has contacted me.

i'm very much worried as I've filed the Visa application on my own. only reference/info contact is Border.gov.au

hey Lukescotty

i've seen this doc many a times but after reading comments on different portals from other people regarding their visa statuses and time taken for processing is disheartening for me.

it's been more than 93 days since i lodged my visa application and since then haven't heard from DIBP. Don't know why i still don't have CO allocated to me.

Pls visit the link https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications

it shows that files lodged upto 9-mar-2016 have been forwarded to processing teams. mine was lodged on 18-Jan-2016.

I'm still waiting....waiting....n waiting......

Tanuj, You better get a consultation from someone, as one of my friends who is also an Electronics Engineer lodged his application and granted a visa in 8 days. No need to worry if CO has contacted you..

Thanks mate....I asked a Immi Agent who is my friend and he suggested me to wait.

But main problem is that there is no communication from DIBP....no CO contact or mail.

just my status on immi account since 18-Jan is "Application Received".

Thanks mate....I asked a Immi Agent who is my friend and he suggested me to wait.

But main problem is that there is no communication from DIBP....no CO contact or mail.

just my status on immi account since 18-Jan is "Application Received".

You might get a direct grant if you have uploaded all the docs they needed. That may be the reason for delay...

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Good luck peeps. I applied in February just in the nick of time before my current visa expired. My CO officer got intouch last week asking me to just send my PTE results via the PTE website. As that's all they asked for.......I'm hoping to get my visa very soon. Got my fingers and toes crossed. I'm currently in Australia on a bridging visa.....currently driving my friends and family nuts with the stress.

Love this website. People's experience and advice.....has really helped me. Thank you :-) xx

Edited by Flumper

While I continue to wait, our 2 weeks trip to Mel & Syd gets ever so closer so assuming our grant doesnt arrive by then, should I now update my application as 'change of circumstances' and inform them of my trip to Australia? Should I do it before I fly out or after the holiday is over?

My agent suggests it isnt needed because it isn't information that can directly impact my application and this is exactly what a change in circumstance is. Even when I changed jobs 2 months after I submitted the application, our agent advised there is no need to submit a change in circumstance form because I was working for the company when I applied

While I agree with our agent I was wondering if anyone you know of did not do it and was questioned by the CO during the process?

Thanks

KnK

Hi Guys, anyone had recent contact from CO in relation to submitting FORM 80, PCC and MEDS?

I had contact last week from my CO which was only three weeks after submitting the visa application, as this seemed pretty quick I was hoping the Grant would be imminent?!

Good Luck to all...

Hiya Ben

From what I understand from other threads and fora, most COs tend to return to the documents around 4 weeks after requests are made.

Fingers crossed they'll get back to you soon.

Seems they've been asking for Form 80 a lot more frequently, recently. If you've been a good lad, I'm sure you've nothing to worry about :)

Hopefully that grant's with you before the end of May.

Cheers

CDC

Thanks CDC for the reply,

yes i I have been a good boy, I can't foresee any issues with the form 80, although completing that form almost sent me over the edge....10 years worth of travel! I also couldn't complete and save the form on the computers I had access to (Adobe first world problems). This led to me complete the form online, print, then scan, then upload to immi.....

Patience is a virtue....

That sounds like... I think the technical term is 'ball ache'.

Patience is indeed; however, I think I am in great company on this forum when I tell you that the rest of us who went through the 189 application process didn't have any when we were waiting, either.

Try not to tire your fingers out from hitting F5 every five seconds for the next however long :)

Nope. The big move is at the start of January. The wife and I are hopping over to Melbourne for a week in June, then coming back together. I'm off up to Scotland to spend a week or two with the folks before flying back over to Queensland. Going to do a very slow tour down the East Coast from August to October, before coming back to pack up, have Christmas with the family, and then make the big move...

I'm suddenly beginning to think May is the last proper downtime I'm going to have for quite a while!

When you looking at hopping over, yourself?

Wow sounds like you have an exciting few months ahead!

Me, wife and baby will be going over in September, we have everything in place as it were... Apart from the visa ha ha

i have a job lined up in Queensland which starts in October, so anytime before then would be great, hopefully we will grab a couple of weeks on the sunny coast/gold coast before I start work.

I am envious, fella. Having a job lined up ready to go to sounds a fabulous prospect. I'm rather hoping that the Melbourne job scene will welcome an eclectic whatever-the-hell-it-is-I-do kinda chap like myself come January... We'll see.

The Gold Coast looks amazing and I have to get a day or two at Runaway Bay just for the sheer pleasure of sending postcards from there.

Queensland strikes me as the kind of place it would be amazing to grow up in: hope you inform baby how lucky they are - in years to come - at the sacrifice you made, leaving the UK to toil away in the hard life that is Australia, only for their benefit ;)