RRV

Skylark

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Skylark I have moved your thread to the migration section. Personally I would wait until you decide to return as long as time is still on your side.

You can read about an RRV here

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/155-

How long have you held PR in Aus now? If its past the initial 5 years of the PR visa then I'd get the RRV before you leave in case you wish to return at any point in the next few years. But that is me. If you are gone from Aus for too long though it will lapse and you may not be issued another RRV or if you are, it may only be valid for a few months.

You could also wait and apply if you decide you wish to return at a later date but no clue on if it would be successful. I guess depends on ties in Aus, time spent away etc.

Than you Pom Queen and snifter.........I have been here 11yrs, relationship with Hubby has broken down but our son is staying in OZ for now so I guess he would be my tie to OZ, so I think I will get the RRV before leaving to be on the safe side..thanks again.

I tend to agree with Raul here. Citizenship would make total sense and give you security that you could move between countries with ease and no worry to trying to gain another RRV or losing it totally.

I'd get on to is ASAP and see if you can get it sorted before you depart for the UK.

Thanks Raul and snifter, yes, I know what you are saying but unfortunately its a little late now, flight is booked for April, and to be honest I could not practically support myself to stay here until citizenship later in the year, I have been trying to do citizenship but struggled to find some one to sign the form, and still would. I have to go for the next best thing really, which is a 5 yr RRV...would I be correct in thinking that if granted that would give me 5 yrs to be able to come back to live in OZ?, as I said earlier, its doubtful, but I guess anything could happen.

Thanks Raul and snifter, yes, I know what you are saying but unfortunately its a little late now, flight is booked for April, and to be honest I could not practically support myself to stay here until citizenship later in the year, I have been trying to do citizenship but struggled to find some one to sign the form, and still would. I have to go for the next best thing really, which is a 5 yr RRV...would I be correct in thinking that if granted that would give me 5 yrs to be able to come back to live in OZ?, as I said earlier, its doubtful, but I guess anything could happen.

Which form? You must have a network of people here after 11 years?

I have to go for the next best thing really, which is a 5 yr RRV...would I be correct in thinking that if granted that would give me 5 yrs to be able to come back to live in OZ?, as I said earlier, its doubtful, but I guess anything could happen.

Yes, this would be the next best thing. If you meet the requirements the RRV is a relatively quick and straight forward application which will at least give you a further 5 years.

Archived