Returning home!

Jordan01

I have decided to return home after 20 years in the UK with my British husband and 2 teenage children. Can anyone tell me what type of visa my husband will need, if any, to work in Australia when we return.

Kind regards

Debbie:wink:

spouse visa (sub class 100).....to stay and work....about £2000, quite a long form and a medical to pass. If he's fit and well it won't be a problem. He would need to do the five year thing for citizenship.

spouse visa (sub class 100).....to stay and work....about £2000, quite a long form and a medical to pass. If he's fit and well it won't be a problem. He would need to do the five year thing for citizenship.

A spouse visa is now about double this.

It it will take about 18 months to process.

I have decided to return home after 20 years in the UK with my British husband and 2 teenage children. Can anyone tell me what type of visa my husband will need, if any, to work in Australia when we return.

Kind regards

Debbie:wink:

Most of what you need to know can be found here

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-

There's also a helpful/ friendly thread for partner 309/100 applicants on here in the Migration section

Yup, a partner visa for your husband.

Apply from the UK for off shore, current processing time is officially 10-14 months but they are currently processing quicker than this for quite a few. However, don't take it as a given it will be processed quicker. Consider it a bonus if it is ;) Cost is about $6865 or whatever that converts to in pounds.

Please refer to this site for the off shore partner visa application as it contains all the info you'll need (and far more than the Aus immi site). Make sure you read all the links and download the partner visa booklet. You can apply online now if you wish and can access this via the immi site iirc so you can ignore the postal part if you do this.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_partner.html

There are full work rights with this and given your time together etc he should go straight to PR from the off. There will be medical and police checks to be undertaken about 6 months after lodging.

Also, just a word re UK citizenship for yourself. If you've not got it, consider doing so in case you all decide you'd rather be back in the UK in a few years. Partner visa for the UK these days is a tough get or expensive.

Edited by Guest
eta

Thank to everyone for your advice which was greatly appreciated!

We have followed up on all of your advice. As we have 2 children the fees quoted to us today were £4000 per adult and £1700 for the two children being £5 700 in total. We can start the visa application straight away but will have to pay the full amount upon submission of the visa application. We are just wondering what would happen to the funds in the event that the visa is rejected? It is a lot of money to part with without the assurance that we will be successful in obtaining the visa.

We are applying for the 309/100 visa.

Many thanks

Thank to everyone for your advice which was greatly appreciated!

We have followed up on all of your advice. As we have 2 children the fees quoted to us today were £4000 per adult and £1700 for the two children being £5 700 in total. We can start the visa application straight away but will have to pay the full amount upon submission of the visa application. We are just wondering what would happen to the funds in the event that the visa is rejected? It is a lot of money to part with without the assurance that we will be successful in obtaining the visa.

We are applying for the 309/100 visa.

Many thanks

Are the 2 children yours and were you an Australian citizen at the time of their birth ?

If the answers are yes and yes, don't waste money on a visa for them. Just apply for their Australian citizenship by descent and get them an Aussie passport each.