The Coast

tracy123

HI EVERYONE

WHAT IS IT WITH THE ENGLISH AND THE COAST?????

YOU ALL TALK ABOUT SPIDERS AND SNAKES YOU CAN SEE THEM COMING AND THEY WILL RUN RATHER THAN FIGHT!!!!

BUT SEA CREATURE'S WILL COME LOOKING FOR YOU!!!!!! (HAVE YOU NOT SEEN JAWS????????) JELLY FISH, BLUE RING OCTOPUS, THINGS THAT LIVE IN THE SAND AND SPIKE YOU.

LIVE DEEP IN THE SUBURBS GET A POOL!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS (YOU'LL NEED IT)

GEOFFREY

PS I was told by Tracy to put lol

Guest Ian Laverick

I'll take my chances with the wee beasties and the sea beasties .... at least if we move to australia we should be safe from the dreaded ......... "LOCH NESS MONSTER !!" :chatterbox:

Ha Ha !

Guest mandy1

Hi

Yep the sea definately has teeth over here! I opt forjust dipping a toe in now and then & stay safely on the shore in my chair reading a good book! As for swimming well I'm with Cal on that one isn't that what God made swimming pools for !

Mandy x

Guest earlswood
HI EVERYONE

WHAT IS IT WITH THE ENGLISH AND THE COAST?????

YOU ALL TALK ABOUT SPIDERS AND SNAKES YOU CAN SEE THEM COMING AND THEY WILL RUN RATHER THAN FIGHT!!!!

BUT SEA CREATURE'S WILL COME LOOKING FOR YOU!!!!!! (HAVE YOU NOT SEEN JAWS????????) JELLY FISH, BLUE RING OCTOPUS, THINGS THAT LIVE IN THE SAND AND SPIKE YOU.

LIVE DEEP IN THE SUBURBS GET A POOL!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS (YOU'LL NEED IT)

GEOFFREY

PS I was told by Tracy to put lol

It.s funny...but when you have been over here a few months the beach soons wears off...the sand and wind sticking on your sticky sun-creme factor 2,000 body soon becomes less than funny...:chatterbox:

And the only people out in the full sun looking like cooked lobsters are.......

........yep you guessed it.....Brits.

It.s funny...but when you have been over here a few months the beach soons wears off...the sand and wind sticking on your sticky sun-creme factor 2,000 body soon becomes less than funny...:chatterbox:

Can you guys give us one good reason to come to Australia???

Guest TheBrowningFamily
Can you guys give us one good reason to come to Australia???

I have thought for quite some time (lol!!) and come up with not one but 3, yes 3 great reasons to come to Aus

1 - Milo (thats the drink not the tweenie!)

2 - chicken salt

3 - Sunshine (not at the moment though as been peeing with rain for days!)

Oh yes, and beer battered chips!

The little 'pools' by the beach are great to (Currimundi and Dicky beach nr here!)

GOSH...thats 5 reasons, wow!

LOL

Guest earlswood
Another good reason is that hopefully the whingers will all go back one day:)

Jo x

Blimey....If they did there would be nobody left in Perth,:smile:

Guest earlswood
I have thought for quite some time (lol!!) and come up with not one but 3, yes 3 great reasons to come to Aus

1 - Milo (thats the drink not the tweenie!)

2 - chicken salt

3 - Sunshine (not at the moment though as been peeing with rain for days!)

Oh yes, and beer battered chips!

The little 'pools' by the beach are great to (Currimundi and Dicky beach nr here!)

GOSH...thats 5 reasons, wow!

LOL

yuch!!!!!!!! come on :nah: and you can get Milo in the UK...did you know it originates from South Africa.

Guest earlswood
Thomas ayne deveolps milo & its launched at the syd royal easter show. Milo began prodution in Smithtown NSW sorry i am a geek

I stand corrected.

milo_page_07.jpg

600 BC: MILO derived its name from MILON, a champion athlete of ancient Greek mythology. He was renowned for his feats of strengths.

1934: MILO was first launched in Australia as a Tonic Food Drink.

1936: For the first time, MILO sponsored the Olympic Games.

1939: MILO was introduced in South Africa.

• 9 months later...
Guest the dobbas

hi

its better having all of the oz creatures any day than having to be in the uk with gordan brown and all of his parasites.

dobba

Guest earlswood
hi

its better having all of the oz creatures any day than having to be in the uk with gordan brown and all of his parasites.

dobba

Jesus , have you seen the bunch of clowns in goverment in Australia:GEEK:

Its a bit like ovaltine but 50 odd years later :biglaugh:(you can rely on the aussies to be at least 20 years later than England :tongue:

A Swiss invention

Ovaltine was developed in Switzerland, where it is known by its original name, Ovomaltine (from ovum, Latin for "egg", and malt, originally its main ingredients).

Ovomaltine was exported to England in 1909; it was a misspelling in the trademark registration process that led to the name being truncated to Ovaltine in English-speaking markets. A factory was built in England for Ovaltine's manufacture, and the English factory exported to the United States as well. By 1915, Ovaltine was being manufactured in Villa Park, Illinois, for the American market

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest earlswood
A Swiss invention

Ovaltine was developed in Switzerland, where it is known by its original name, Ovomaltine (from ovum, Latin for "egg", and malt, originally its main ingredients).

Ovomaltine was exported to England in 1909; it was a misspelling in the trademark registration process that led to the name being truncated to Ovaltine in English-speaking markets. A factory was built in England for Ovaltine's manufacture, and the English factory exported to the United States as well. By 1915, Ovaltine was being manufactured in Villa Park, Illinois, for the American market

Cheers, Bobj.

.:jiggy:

Cheers Earl.

Jesus , have you seen the bunch of clowns in goverment in Australia:GEEK:

blimey earlswood dont you have anything good to say about either country...talk about putting a dampner on stuff for some people..yawn yawn!!!!!

Guest earlswood
blimey earlswood dont you have anything good to say about either country...talk about putting a dampner on stuff for some people..yawn yawn!!!!!

When it comes to goverments....no!

I read that in the tense you are here, yes here still in this great land, you never went back did you?

otherwise you would have said "there"

G'day mate, Earlswood can't help it; HE failed in Austra...er Pert...er Northbridge and has to sling off at anything Australian to vent his spleen.:sad:

Pathetic, really.

Cheers, Bobj.

PS But he gives us a good laugh:tongue:

Guest earlswood
Jolly well done the Swiss!:hug:

For inventing “Ovo-Maltine” in 1865 and a big slap on the back to the Brits for seeing the potential and manufacturing it as ovaltine and exporting it in 1909.

Also well done the aussies for "inventing" milo in 1934

yep well done in your one invention :yes:

Archived