Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

Just checked my emails and I've received an invitation in the 27th April round. I submitted an EOI for a 189 visa with 70 points on April 16th, so it looks as though the backlog of applicants under the accountancy ANZSCO at least hasn't increased and may have even reduced. Though obviously we'll have to wait and see when the results are released.

Exciting times though....now I just need to sift through the masses of paperwork I will need to upload with my application!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my emails and I've received an invitation in the 27th April round. I submitted an EOI for a 189 visa with 70 points on April 16th, so it looks as though the backlog of applicants under the accountancy ANZSCO at least hasn't increased and may have even reduced. Though obviously we'll have to wait and see when the results are released.

Exciting times though....now I just need to sift through the masses of paperwork I will need to upload with my application!

Congratulations :-)

Yeah costs seem high in Sydney, but im not sure how much higher than Perth is? We actually already had a rental lined up from a friend in Perth but will just have to see what happens I guess. Good luck with your adventure anyway! Any ideas when you are planning to travel?

We'll take that rental Julia ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Help! Not sure what to do - CPA have come back from my skills assessment saying that I have not studied enough Company Law. I have the ICAEW qualification, I studied it between 1999 and 2002. Anyone else had this problem? I was initially told that no syllabus was required for ICAEW

I got my skills assessed by the icaa. As i believe they have an agreement with the iceaw. I sent off my letter of good standing, copies of certification, results and degree all as pdf. Came back in a few weeks. Assuming your an icaew full member/fully qualified it would be worth checking out the icaa process

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Help! Not sure what to do - CPA have come back from my skills assessment saying that I have not studied enough Company Law. I have the ICAEW qualification, I studied it between 1999 and 2002. Anyone else had this problem? I was initially told that no syllabus was required for ICAEW

I've never heard of that being a problem before. Could you find old syllabus info and send it to confirm you have covered it ?

Maybe I should have chosen ICAA but I wanted the experience assessment which is why I chose CPA.

I don't have a syllabus for the Business Law (business not company law my mistake) however I could do the statutory declaration if I need to. I just thought that I wouldn't need to! I will try and give them a ring this morning.

Maybe I should have chosen ICAA but I wanted the experience assessment which is why I chose CPA.

I don't have a syllabus for the Business Law (business not company law my mistake) however I could do the statutory declaration if I need to. I just thought that I wouldn't need to! I will try and give them a ring this morning.

My sister sat her exams around that period. Her paperwork is in the office - I'll have a look this morning incase there's anything that might be of help. It was with ICAS but I'll check anyway.....

My sister sat her exams around that period. Her paperwork is in the office - I'll have a look this morning incase there's anything that might be of help. It was with ICAS but I'll check anyway.....

Thank you so much!

Hi All,

I have just seen on another forum that the new SOL is out for 16/17 and all of the accounting occupations are still listed so that's a relief! I don't think there was any info on the occupation ceiling number

The SOL has not been released and accounting is still flagged for possible removal

Hi All,

I have just seen on another forum that the new SOL is out for 16/17 and all of the accounting occupations are still listed so that's a relief! I don't think there was any info on the occupation ceiling number

Will be interesting to see if they add some other form of criteria - post qualification experience, for example ?

As far as I know, accountancy is one of the few occupations that you don't need this for a positive skill assessment

Interesting yes that s good point. I'm coming up to 2 years PQE so hopefully if they do change it, it might work in my favour! For me personally I they do make some changes as i'm stuck on 60 pts :)

Will be interesting to see if they add some other form of criteria - post qualification experience, for example ?

As far as I know, accountancy is one of the few occupations that you don't need this for a positive skill assessment

Guest IamAlex

This is decided by CPA/ICAA/IPA . New requirements mean less customers... So , hardly they need it. Also it is unfair to many people .

This is decided by CPA/ICAA/IPA . New requirements mean less customers... So , hardly they need it. Also it is unfair to many people .

I doubt very much that they would care about our feelings.

If DIBP are finding that those obtaining skilled visas are not fulfilling the skill shortages as they have no experience then surely they could enforce it ?