Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

Hi community,

The results for accountants have been unveiled.

Cut off date moved to Sep/23th and 350 invitations were sent on the latest round.

This means there are 920 invitations left for 2015/2016 FY.

Accountants are in demand again :)

Waiting for the next round on Mar/9th.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi community,

The results for accountants have been unveiled.

Cut off date moved to Sep/23th and 350 invitations were sent on the latest round.

This means there are 920 invitations left for 2015/2016 FY.

Accountants are in demand again :)

Waiting for the next round on Mar/9th.

The total number of invites which should have been issued by now is the number which has been issued, in that if you average out the total invites (200/month) this matches the 210 it should have been per month.

So I am not sure this means they we in demand, but February being a high month does look better for people in the 65 point queue.

However I think the key numbers will now be the March round, if it stays high then that means more 65 pointers get a chance, but if it drops as per pro-rata then it means more chance for new applicants with high points.

All this is purely my opinion though, not sure anyone other than DIBP can know what will happen as it is all so random!

The total number of invites which should have been issued by now is the number which has been issued, in that if you average out the total invites (200/month) this matches the 210 it should have been per month.

So I am not sure this means they we in demand, but February being a high month does look better for people in the 65 point queue.

However I think the key numbers will now be the March round, if it stays high then that means more 65 pointers get a chance, but if it drops as per pro-rata then it means more chance for new applicants with high points.

All this is purely my opinion though, not sure anyone other than DIBP can know what will happen as it is all so random!

Of course we don't know for sure.

I saw 2 official documents related to this case.

1st - official letter from CPA to some AU body that has influence on the demand for accountants from AU Government. In this letter CPA was persuading to keep accountants in SOL and stated that Australia will need a lot of additional accountants in the coming years.

2nd - a response from this body, which concluded that AU will need more accountants indeed. (If it's important can spend some time and find those letters)

We doubted whether AU Gov needed accountants because of a low invitation rate in Q4 2015, but now I think it looks like they just were trying to level the total number of accountants and auditors combined (as these occupations are very close).

I think the number of invitations for accountants should be around 200-250 a round in March.

Hope they won't make the same mistake with auditors as in 2015.

However, I do agree that this is only guess and my interpretation. But, there should be some logic and factors behind the process.

Hi UAtoAU.

I would be curious to see the documents you are speaking about.

I also have another question for everybody: I remember that it exists a spreadsheet where you can monitor the sponsorships/nomination issued by NSW. It is not an official source of the Australian Government: it is made by people who lodge an EOI and then update such a spreadsheet with dates of invitation, grant, etc...

Does any body remember where I can find the above spreadsheet? It was something like a Google Docs....

Hi UAtoAU.

I would be curious to see the documents you are speaking about.

I also have another question for everybody: I remember that it exists a spreadsheet where you can monitor the sponsorships/nomination issued by NSW. It is not an official source of the Australian Government: it is made by people who lodge an EOI and then update such a spreadsheet with dates of invitation, grant, etc...

Does any body remember where I can find the above spreadsheet? It was something like a Google Docs....

Hi Kuriatko,

you can give me your e-mail, so I'll send it to you.

BTW, where are you from?

Hi. Thank you for the link to those documents. It seems very interesting and the opinion of CPA opens the future to the hope.

You have a private message with my email.

From my point of view, I rely heavily on NSW nomination for the purpose to obtain fastly the visa. For me 190 or 189 is the same...

Are you in 190 list as well ?

I am Italian and you?

Edited by Kuriatko

Hi all, I am reading your threads and panicking a bit here! I am only just at the beginning of this process. If I get maximum points for English then I should have 70 points in total. I am going to do my English exam in a couple of weeks and have not yet applied for my skills assessment. How quickly can I realistically submit my EOI? I am worried that they take accountants off the list in July

Hi all, I am reading your threads and panicking a bit here! I am only just at the beginning of this process. If I get maximum points for English then I should have 70 points in total. I am going to do my English exam in a couple of weeks and have not yet applied for my skills assessment. How quickly can I realistically submit my EOI? I am worried that they take accountants off the list in July

If you can I would sit the PTE-A to get the points, this has a quick turn around as you can usually book it a few days out and results are next day, unlike IELTS where results take 2 weeks.

Your Skills Assessment will take 2 weeks usually (time does vary).

You can not submit your EOI until you have both of the above, you are required to put their reference numbers in to the EOI.

70 points would get you an invite in the next round assuming the cap is not reached, however in the last round 350 accountants were invited so if this continues then the first round of April will fill accountants for this financial year.

As to removing from the SOL list, there has been talk of this for over 2 year snow, so I am not sure what will happen.

Hi mgreaves, thank you for your help, that is very useful to know. I am looking at doing PTE-A on 16th March, so I could be ready with the EOI by the end of March/early April. Do I need to do any additional exams, I am ICAEW qualified and a member since 2002. However, I don't think I ever studied these which seem to be mandatory? Having to study anything additional would certainly spoil my timeline!!

• Business Law
  • Quantitative Methods

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

It seems that only a few accountant were invited for 189 visa on 9th March round. Maybe only 50 or 70 invitations were sent, and only those with 70 points were invited.

Do you think that accountants with 65 points (65 + 5 with State Sponsorship) should hope in a nomination by NSW for 190 visa?

Hi everybody!

It seems that only a few accountant were invited for 189 visa on 9th March round. Maybe only 50 or 70 invitations were sent, and only those with 70 points were invited.

Do you think that accountants with 65 points (65 + 5 with State Sponsorship) should hope in a nomination by NSW for 190 visa?

Anyone answering that question would be basically having a guess so I'm not sure how useful an answer would be

For what it's worth my guess would be those with 65+5 with 20 points for English WILL get an invite for NSW. Those with 65+5 with 10 points for English may just make it before the end of the year

Let's wait... !

In the meanwhile I have a question:

apart NSW, could I add other States in my EOI for the State Nomination purpose (for 190 visa)?

I understood that other States/Territories require special conditions. Which are these "special conditions"?

I understood that other States/Territories require special conditions. Which are these "special conditions"?

You need to go on to each states website as they are all different. Each state also has its own jobs list, so accountants will not be needed in every state.

Thank you, Serg!

Do not worry: NSW has a clear policy. First criteria are the points, second criteria is the IELTS score, third criteria are the years of skilled working experience.

I am sure that the next round will be your moment !!!

Good luck !

Edited by Kuriatko

First step successfully completed! PTE exam yesterday, results this morning - 90, 90, 90, 90, overall 90!! Can't quite believe it, I'm still a bit in shock. Onto the next step now

Well done ! I was more nervous opening that email than any of my accountant exams I sat for some crazy reason.