4 Year Update

bensdad

Oh well it's that time of year again when I make my visit to PIO and post my yearly update.

Still here in Perth Metro area been in our own house for Over 2 years already things have gone quite well this year, my wife has been promoted at work and is starting to make good progression in her chosen career and is now earning more than me when we got here lol

Having had 3 years of being bullied and harassed at work I took the risk and started my own company with a trusted friend we've been very fortunate and this has turned into a profitable construction business within its first year. Don't get me wrong we've had no salary hardly and everything earned has been reinvested or gone on wages etc however were getting there and should see the benefits of this in the new year.

We are now in the process of applying for our citizenship which to be honest I never thought we'd reach. Those of you who know my story will remember how we struggled on limited budget when we got here ($15,000) my bouts of home sickness and feeling isolated and depressed and the guilt having left my grandchildren in the UK. However we have stuck to it and now things are so much better I've not had one bout of home sickness at all this year and my relationship with my daughter in particular has gone from strength to strength thanks FaceTime lol

Life is great not perfect but so much better than the UK and I now realise what an amazing opportunity we have been given and I thank you Australia for accepting us in your wonderful country.

No matter how bad it feels you must keep wanting more and push through and you will get there in the end. On a bad day go do something completely Australian you will soon forget your worries and doubts. Embrace this country for what it is and you will be better for it in the long run.

For me my journey as a migrant has come to an end and I now feel wanted and will gladly take up citizenship if granted.

This will probably be my last post on here and I would like to thank the forum of 2009-2011 for all their help, guidance and support both during my divorce, my visa application and my wedding to my beautiful 2nd wife back in 2011 of which none of this would of been possible without her. I love you Rachel thank you for your support.

Sorry for rambling on but if I can do it then anyone can.

Admin feel free to delete lol

Bye and thanks for everything. Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely update. I enjoyed reading your posts on your arrival, as you were a few months ahead of us.

Really happy for you and your wife that it has worked out due to hard work and determination.

people think getting their visa and sorting shipping is the last of the hard work. If only. Its only the start of some hard slog and readjustment.

Glad you got there.

What a lovely post, I love to hear positivity even in the midst of hurdles and struggles... That's what helps make it work... And bloody good for you for not letting bullies change your attitude, they've done you a favour- you were obviously destined for better things!

Huge well done.... No need to go, it's lovely to hear how people are doing....it's what keeps us who are still in our journey going.. It keeps us motivated.... Thank you xxx

Guest The Pom Queen

Chris, we have missed you here, don't go away for so long next time. I'm glad you are still loving your life in Perth. A great update and it shows that people can make the move with minimum funds.

Well done to you both.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I will still lurk on here but just not post as I don't have a lot to say really other than I'm enjoying life!

Seeing as next year we can apply for citenzship too, could you post how you got on, how the test went, how long you had to wait for ceremony etc:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...

Great update bensdad. i remember your journey to Oz well as it was while I was trying desperately to get a visa. So glad to read that things have worked out for you in Perth. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago. All the best with your citizenship. Hopefully we will be close behind you with that next year

Millie