189 Visa Lodged December

mgreaves

So I can see several threads for different months but no December so I thought I would start it!

I received my invitation on Friday 4th and have just completed the application as well as making payment! I had the PCC and medicals done a month ago so they have been uploaded straight away with all of the documents I think I need.

The one area I am unsure of is proving the de facto relationship, I have uploaded mortgage documents, council tax bills, joint bank account statements, old personal bank statements with money transfers between the two of us, a few photos. I've also wrote a letter explaining our relationship; when it started, where we have lived, our plans etc. Does anyone know if this is needed? I will print, sign and scan it but I can't do this until Thursday so just thought I would see if anyone else did this.

We've booked our flights for 3rd June, so lets hope I have filled all of this in correctly!

Good luck to everyone else and thanks for the help this forum has provided over the past 6 months or so!

Hey mgreaves, I got my invite on Friday too and have lodged tonight. Still have documents to upload though and medicals and police checks to get done - waiting to be invited to do that. I think they ask you once you have co assigned, is that right? Leaving the doc upload for another night. We have our house to sell so putting it on the market in the new year. I'm not brave enough to book flights yet, though hope to be gone by mid August at the latest.

Sorry i I can't help with the letter. How long have you been together? Maybe if not that long, it wouldn't do any harm. If not, I wouldn't bother. Do you have kids? If so, might not need a letter?

Its all all getting real now. Where are you heading?

Yes if you have now applied you need to wait to be asked to do the medical, you can do the police checks now though if you wanted. I did the medical before applying although there is not much need as I have plenty of time.

We have the estate agents around today/tomorrow for photos and floor plans, the earliest we can sell is 1st April due to early repayment on the mortgage but they said that it is fine to put it on the market before Christmas. The flight is booked for 3rd June but if it means we have sold we would be happy to go in to temporary accommodation for a couple of months.

I used air miles for my flights so had to book them a year in advance to get the availability, it means we are going business class for very little £ cost and this includes 100kg of luggage each which will be needed!!!

We've been together 10 years, but I’ve only really got documentation of the last 2 years. I've wrote and uploaded it now anyway as it can't do any harm.

Once you've applied, there is no need to wait to be asked for medicals. You can obtain your HAP ID (the ID number required to book the medical) by clicking the 'Get Health Details' button under each applicant on the eLodgement page.

Presumably you're all aware though that the date of the medical or PCC, whichever earlier is the date that determines your last entry date to activate your visas. If not, post back to me and I'll explain it in more detail.

Once you've applied, there is no need to wait to be asked for medicals. You can obtain your HAP ID (the ID number required to book the medical) by clicking the 'Get Health Details' button under each applicant on the eLodgement page.

Ah sorry I did not mean to give out bad information! I read something along the lines of do not manually generate a HAP ID if you have been invited, but I did it before I was invited and now the box simply says complete.

Presumably you're all aware though that the date of the medical or PCC, whichever earlier is the date that determines your last entry date to activate your visas. If not, post back to me and I'll explain it in more detail.

Plane ticket is all sorted for June, my medicals/PCC were October so no issue here for me.

I just have to hope I've done everything right in the form and I actually get the visa or else I am just going on a holiday in June!

Hi CaptainC,

Just to clarify, You have to enter Australia before the PCC or medical expires? Also is it worth creating an IMMI account before being invited? Thanks for your advice :)

Hi CaptainC,

Just to clarify, You have to enter Australia before the PCC or medical expires? Also is it worth creating an IMMI account before being invited? Thanks for your advice :)

Your grant notice will indicate the Initial Entry Date, which is typically when the police check/medical check expires. DIBP has some flexibility to extend this and has been known to shorten it too, but usually the expiry date is a good one to work around. I'd suggest creating the IMMI account before you're invited so you have it set up and ready to go once you get your invitation.

Your grant notice will indicate the Initial Entry Date, which is typically when the police check/medical check expires. DIBP has some flexibility to extend this and has been known to shorten it too, but usually the expiry date is a good one to work around. I'd suggest creating the IMMI account before you're invited so you have it set up and ready to go once you get your invitation.

Thank you. I have created my immi account. I'm hoping for an invite soon!! :)

Just submitted visa application nice $7200 dollars gone.. But will be worth it.. 

now that i have paid where can i start uploading documents?

As soon as you have paid you can upload. Login and click attach documents underneath each persons name. There are suggested documents but you might not need all of these items, you can also add extra documents using the button at the bottom.

As soon as you have paid you can upload. Login and click attach documents underneath each persons name. There are suggested documents but you might not need all of these items, you can also add extra documents using the button at the bottom.

sorted thanks just requested medical info, and I've e-mailed the place in manchester to try get booked in asap.

Well this came quicker than expected! 1 calendar week more or less to the hour from submitting my applciation I received my direct grant email!!

Our house also went up on the market at the weekend so all is moving quite quickly now!

Time to start planning I think as no idea where we are going yet, we fly to Sydney but that is as far as I have planned, we do intend to travel for a bit before fidning work.

Well this came quicker than expected! 1 calendar week more or less to the hour from submitting my applciation I received my direct grant email!!

Our house also went up on the market at the weekend so all is moving quite quickly now!

Time to start planning I think as no idea where we are going yet, we fly to Sydney but that is as far as I have planned, we do intend to travel for a bit before fidning work.

Extremely fast turnaround!! Congratulations!! I was going to say that it seems like only yesterday that you applied, but that isn't far from the truth!!

Best of luck in your future.

Incredibly fast - congratulations !

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So excited to say I got my Grant notification today for my 189 visa. It's been an incredibly tough journey - I received a negative skills assessment back in October from Vetassess, which I had over-turned within 3 weeks (which everyone said was impossible) via an appeal process. I then got my invitation on the 18th December, Lodged my application on the 23rd December, and got my grant today. I should also mention I applied for a bridging visa b yesterday, so they must have accelerated their decision because of that. I also had made sure my application was 'decision ready' with medicals and police checks all done in advance!! So happy days - good luck to everyone else and thanks for the support! :)

Hello guys, I got my invitation (186) in January 2016. I am however not sure what happens after filling in the details on my ImmiAccount, I have not come across where there is a request to upload anything as yet. Where and when will I have to upload my police clearance and medicals? Will a request come after I submit or just as I hit the submit button and make a payment? Can somebody take me through the process please

Hello guys, I got my invitation (186) in January 2016. I am however not sure what happens after filling in the details on my ImmiAccount, I have not come across where there is a request to upload anything as yet. Where and when will I have to upload my police clearance and medicals? Will a request come after I submit or just as I hit the submit button and make a payment? Can somebody take me through the process please

Access to the upload page is only possible after you've fully completed and submitted the application and made the payment.

So excited to say I got my Grant notification today for my 189 visa. It's been an incredibly tough journey - I received a negative skills assessment back in October from Vetassess, which I had over-turned within 3 weeks (which everyone said was impossible) via an appeal process. I then got my invitation on the 18th December, Lodged my application on the 23rd December, and got my grant today. I should also mention I applied for a bridging visa b yesterday, so they must have accelerated their decision because of that. I also had made sure my application was 'decision ready' with medicals and police checks all done in advance!! So happy days - good luck to everyone else and thanks for the support! :)

Wow!!

Very quick grant Matthew, congratulations!

Archived