Temporarily Suspending Visa Application

duno

Hi all, last night I posted a query regarding 189 visa and de facto relationship, and today I have another topic to discuss.

I have submitted, paid, and provided additional information as requested by my CO. My current application status should be awaiting visa decision. I have applied with "SINGLE" marital status and "NO" to including partner in the application. After a(n overdue) research in this forum, I realised that I may be able to include my GF of 7 years. The reason I didn't include her is because I was worried I couldn't prove our de facto status since we are not staying together on a permanent basis, and therefore my application would be rejected. My initial plan was to get the 189 visa, then sponsor her. However, I learned that this is neither a fast nor cheap option.

So my question now is:

1. At my current visa application status, can I still make changes to my application? Presumably I will be using Form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answer to change my marital status to "de facto." and "YES" to including partner. I believe Form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances is not applicable here since my relationship should be in effect before my visa application.
  2. Now, it may sound counter-intuitive, but if #1 is valid, I hope to suspend/delay my visa application because I need some time to gather the evidences that may potentially be needed for proving the relationship. I am thinking of writing to my CO and tell them to hold on to my visa decision. Anyone tried this before? Is that even possible?

I know all these seem to be a little too late. I was applying without any help or advice, you see. So kindly forgive my ignorance.

:embarrassed:

Edit: On my ImmiAccount, I have attached all requested documents, but I have yet to click the "Request Complete" button.

I do think your best course of action is to contact a good migration agent urgently and get their assistance.

Haha, thanks Marisa. I agree that's probably the best option I have right now. I'm hesitant to incur more expenses in my visa application, so I hope there are alternatives.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Haha, thanks Marisa. I agree that's probably the best option I have right now. I'm hesitant to incur more expenses in my visa application, so I hope there are alternatives.

Seems to me you're going to be up for extra costs whatever you do! Personally I'd rather pay a bit extra now, than risk it all going wrong (in which case you could lose your application fees anyway and have to pay all over again).

If you have been together 7 years and didn't mention her as a partner in your application then you could have a problem trying to sponsor her later for a spouse visa. You need to get her ont this application quickly. You can't claim later that the relationship existed if you didn't mention it now.

They won't suspend the processing but they will give you a certain length of time to provide some evidence.

If you have been together 7 years and didn't mention her as a partner in your application then you could have a problem trying to sponsor her later for a spouse visa. You need to get her ont this application quickly. You can't claim later that the relationship existed if you didn't mention it now.

They won't suspend the processing but they will give you a certain length of time to provide some evidence.

Thank you! I forgot to mention that my plan included treating the relationship as a new one when sponsoring her.

Anyway, since we're not staying together, the only thing worrying me is that what if I couldn't prove my relationship? Will my application be rejected downright?

If you were in a relationship and you failed to declare it, you can expect to have a visa refused, or cancelled if the DIBP find out about it. You would then face a 3-year exclusion period and a character issue with any subsequent application. Google Regulation 4020.

I strongly advise that you consult a registered migration agent without delay.

Thanks for all the good advices! I've located a local migration agent and is seeking help from them. Thank you all once again, really appreciate your help in getting me through such daunting and confusing time.

Archived