Employer Sponsorship

Racmac

Not difficult if they can prove local labour can not fill the position

No, sponsorship is rare as plenty of people here looking for work and costing wages only.

Yes expensive

Not sure how long, can be quick from seeing others going down that route.

Beware if you loose your sponsor then you are required to find another or leave. This give the employer the upper hand meaning you can be asked to undertake some unpleasant tasks ie times, locations etc.

That would really depend on which visa, there are three employer sponsored visas one temporary and two permanent.

For many the first visa offered will be the 457 temp one. The other visas are the 187 and 186.

if you go to borderforce.gov.au and search for those visa numbers you will find all the info you need.

How easy is it for an employer to provide sponsorship?

Do they have to jump through lots of hoops and is it expensive for them?

Any idea how long it takes to get through?

Hi,

Most employers can obtain approval to sponsor, even sole traders or businesses trading less than 12 months.

Labour market testing is not required for all occupations.

Joy

Most employers can obtain approval to sponsor, even sole traders or businesses trading less than 12 months.

The bigger question though is, how many are willing to do so? Just because it can be done, doesn't mean they will - in many companies I've worked for, they've been reluctant to get involved in the "hassle" of sponsoring and will only do so if they're really, really stuck for candidates locally.

The bigger question though is, how many are willing to do so? Just because it can be done, doesn't mean they will - in many companies I've worked for, they've been reluctant to get involved in the "hassle" of sponsoring and will only do so if they're really, really stuck for candidates locally.

Yes that was always my understanding but having sent a cv to a firm in Perth I was surprised to get interview and I've made it very clear that they would need to sponsor. They have sponsored people before apparently.

fingers crossed anyway!

Yes that was always my understanding but having sent a cv to a firm in Perth I was surprised to get interview and I've made it very clear that they would need to sponsor. They have sponsored people before apparently.

fingers crossed anyway!

If they weren't willing to do it, they wouldn't bother with the interview, so good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I would say its rare but it depends on your profession. I had two interviews, and phd school interest and i know for sure, if i was in australia and new Zealand and had the visa i would have gotten the jobs..why because they told me:) so i regrouped, stopped focusing my time on empoyer sponsorship and just applied for the visa and I am now in final stage.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived