perth house prices

paul1977

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my particular case, I don't mind in the least 'on the receiving 'end of a bashing, so to speak, as in life those that raise their heads, and mention things some prefer not to hear, will always have to endure the consequences. All in the nature of a forum and no hard feelings what so ever. But those that give it out Must be prepared to accept a rhetorical retort in return. No matter how much they disagree with a post. Don't be a Silly Billy, don't fire a salvo if can't handle a return shot.

One thing I do not attest to nor accept though is an almost psychological assessment of my character by one or two rather ignorant people, that should be brought to call, over actions perceived interpretations to events long passed.

Some on here take themselves far to seriously for own good I know they know who they are. Perhaps a less reticent side to personality can be revealed to put certain assumptions finally to rest?

You do seem to have attracted a couple of personal trolls for the sole crime of stating the bleeding obvious.

Or in the case closer to the city a fairly once considered, normal sized block to fit two or more units/townhouses on. Very 'normal' in my area.

It seems 'normal' in areas that are no near the city too. I know we need to up the density, but if i'm an hour out the CBD, I'd like a bit of land with my house.

Perth is fairly safe though.

Geo-physically, as well as socially.

Economically it's a bit rough for some, especially as it's a two horse race between mining and oil and gas.

Safe in what way? The maintenance of over the top prices? I wonder what you base your theory on? Geo physically meaning exactly what? Socially? Well hardly if people need to locate for work. Not forgetting locations of entrenched and increasing unemployment.

It seems 'normal' in areas that are no near the city too. I know we need to up the density, but if i'm an hour out the CBD, I'd like a bit of land with my house.

You certainly deserve some benefits being so far removed from the action. There's a lot of nonsense doing the rounds on why the cost of housing is so over the top. I fully expect the reality will lead to a return of some degree of sanity but not without fierce opposition from vested interests.

You do seem to have attracted a couple of personal trolls for the sole crime of stating the bleeding obvious.

I take it in(the abuse, name calling, being called a skunt et al) generally my stride as it comes with the fame. lol. All cool and you won't find me complaining. I draw the line on psychological assessments by tw..ts though, that have been here the flick of a possums tail.

Safe in what way? The maintenance of over the top prices? I wonder what you base your theory on? Geo physically meaning exactly what? Socially? Well hardly if people need to locate for work. Not forgetting locations of entrenched and increasing unemployment.

No earthquakes, no volcanos, no flash floods, no riots, no migrant crisis, no curfews with secret police, no compulsory religion, no apartheid, very little (if any) pollution ..

There are a lot of worse places in the world.

No earthquakes, no volcanos, no flash floods, no riots, no migrant crisis, no curfews with secret police, no compulsory religion, no apartheid, very little (if any) pollution ..

There are a lot of worse places in the world.

You'll need a lot more than that I'm afraid in order to maintain overpriced real estate. Those attributions have long been held out as reasons people may decide on Perth as a place to live. Of course the determining are good employment prospects, good and affordable real estate, an interesting and a vibe appealing sort of place, proximity to other centres and time zone.

A lot of the latter don't or hardly feature in Perth's desirability stakes.

No one denies it could be a darn decent place to slip into retirement. For tradies to pull in the lucre during times of boom or a place to raise young children. These points alone cannot nor do not justify current house prices though.

You'll need a lot more than that I'm afraid in order to maintain overpriced real estate. Those attributions have long been held out as reasons people may decide on Perth as a place to live. Of course the determining are good employment prospects, good and affordable real estate, an interesting and a vibe appealing sort of place, proximity to other centres and time zone.

A lot of the latter don't or hardly feature in Perth's desirability stakes.

No one denies it could be a darn decent place to slip into retirement. For tradies to pull in the lucre during times of boom or a place to raise young children. These points alone cannot nor do not justify current house prices though.

Of course if the reasons you suggested were enough to guarantee success Tasmania and South Australia would be up there at the top. Just doesn't wash. People need more than clean air and sunshine to sustain themselves.

I think you'll find the cost of living along with the economic prospects paramount. Also probably a little over eager in suggesting WA/Perth is a place of racial harmony or at least without significant problems.

Of course if the reasons you suggested were enough to guarantee success Tasmania and South Australia would be up there at the top.

Adelaide was 5th in the "best cities to live in", for 2015. (Criteria were :- stability, infrastructure, education, healthcare and environment.)

Current Perth house prices are due to demand. People are still buying (although this is dropping), so it must be affordable, otherwise it wouldn't be sold.

And 'vibe' and 'timezone'? Really? I've found one, and adjusted to the other. And other cities are just a flight away.

I don't think we will ever agree (I don't think we have since I've been on the forum) .. I'll try to not resort to name calling though, and you are too eloquent to put on Ignore (unlike others).

Edited by Bibbs

Adelaide was 5th in the "best cities to live in", for 2015. (Criteria were :- stability, infrastructure, education, healthcare and environment.)

Current Perth house prices are due to demand. People are still buying (although this is dropping), so it must be affordable, otherwise it wouldn't be sold.

And 'vibe' and 'timezone'? Really? I've found one, and adjusted to the other. And other cities are just a flight away.

I don't think we will ever agree (I don't think we have since I've been on the forum) .. I'll try to not resort to name calling though, and you are too eloquent to put on Ignore (unlike others).

Those stats mean little to nothing. South Australia continues to struggle to attract and keep migrants. They are hard set to keep their own with the ever continuing brain drain out of town. Especially to Melbourne.

No it has little to do with affordability but market panic. This is brought on my the vested interests of real estate, financial institutions and media. To give an example, I noticed an article on Page 17 of The West Australian, pointing out a 7% fall in prices over twelve months. Page 17 mind you. Now when prices where 'booming' this was front page news. An economic activity to replace the ever falling resource sector decline.

No Perth does not have the' vibe' IMO to satisfy the extreme cost of living here. It could justify itself ten years back but not know. When I pay less to eat out and drink alcohol in Central Rome than I do in Perth, then Perth is out of whack with reality.

Resource states and their capitals are not unknown for extremes. This resulted much the same in Africa. Angola and Mozambique feared worse than Perth in that the majority of locals could not afford the prices resulting from the boom. The influx of Portuguese nationals on high pay further aggravated the situation. Now post boom prices are falling. Expats are leaving. The party appears to be over.

I don't bother whether you agree. I think I lot of what I say will be shown to be true, but your ideological stance on perceptions to life clearly differs. You may prefer different outcomes but the prove is in the pudding.

I attempted to give you examples pointing out Tasmania and South Australia are far from booming and have the attributes that you consider important for a functioning city. I argue a city needs far more. Evidence of a great slowing in population intake into WA now down to only 16,000 from high's of some 50,000 three years back, further supports my argument.

Put quite simply the demand for Perth housing has drastically declined. Far too many invested thinking of making high yields in renting out. Wrong. House prices will always raise. Wrong. That the resource led boom would last a lifetime. Wrong.

I wonder how many have lived in Perth during a recession? Very hard work to find work without the connections. Anyway all points are for less demand. Lowering house prices and tighter job prospects.

Hardly rosy news for the over inflated, greed ridden housing industry now is it?