Visa granted, raise eyebrows if partner enters Aus separately?

subdividedyoghurt

Hi,

We've recently been granted our 457 visas, myself and partner as secondary applicant. Does anyone see any reason why there might be an issue if we don't enter Australia together? What with all the evidence and defacto rules in getting this far, for us then to not even arrive together, are they likely to question that? I'm flying out asap to start work as they need me, but OH has a few more commitments at home before they can fly over.

I don't see why it should be a problem myself, and we'll both be carrying a full set of documents etc. Also, people do travel from time to time on their own for business or whatever other matters, so don't see why it should be a problem. But you never know.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

Actually that's not a permanent visa, it's temporary but as long as the main applicant arrives first it should be ok

Oops, my apologies, I didn't read the post correctly.

Quoll is quite right here, the main applicant needs to be in Australia first, or arrive together.

You each have your own visa so it doesn't matter if you come together, separately, in any particular order (unless the visa has a condition that states otherwise), etc. I've known dependents of 457 visa holders to return home for many many months with no impact on the visas. If questioned, I would expect your reasons wouldn't be an issue at all.

Archived