Ladies,get ready for summer! :)

Jacaranda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need a maxi dress for a shortarse :( I'm having a panic about what to bring for night time in Australia since I obviously can't wear jeans :cry:

there isn't a big difference in clothing Stacey, just we wear less of it in the hot months lol. I live in maxi dresses in summer all day. Wear them in the evening too. Just go into any department store or whatever over there and look at the petite stuff. Made for those on the smaller side height wise. Tbh depending on where you are you may be living in shorts and vest tops or something. I defo don't dress up to go out in the summer, it's all about loose clothing, as little of it as possible but covering what I can to save in sun cream and stuff all the time. Nothing too clingy as its too hot to want that stuff on.

I've been looking at petite ones but not really noticed anything that will suit me. I found one on boohoo that I might try out but I dunno if it looks too clingy. I think I'll still have to get the length adjusted too. I really hate my legs but I can just about cope wearing shorts during the day at a beach because I have to but I don't want to have them out when I go out at the weekend with other backpackers. I didn't quite think about the fact I can't wear skinny jeans when I go out at night in summer until someone said to me. I've had them on abroad in other places at night like Florida or Turkey and it's never bothered me as long as they aren't too heavy

Maxi dresses are the best invention ever. Stacey, Matalan had some lovely ones with adjustable straps, which just about made them the right length for me (a fellow shorty). Might be worth a look while they have their sale on. How about some three quarter linen trousers too?

ps that website has some beautiful dresses ❤️

Evenings a pair of 3/4 length trousers is always good. As above, linen works. I have pairs in most dark solid colours and then wear colourful tops.

Skinny jeans might be ok some evenings, but in 35-40c dry heat down here, but uh. May be the same in the hot and humid parts too. But people do wear them, just they must be melting lol.

Evenings a pair of 3/4 length trousers is always good. As above, linen works. I have pairs in most dark solid colours and then wear colourful tops.

Skinny jeans might be ok some evenings, but in 35-40c dry heat down here, but uh. May be the same in the hot and humid parts too. But people do wear them, just they must be melting lol.

Yes, that works for me too.

Stacey I should mention too,you're better off with cotton or a mix of cotton because it breathes in hot weather.Dont even look at anything made with a nylon mix because it'll just make you sweat heaps.Linen is good too for hot weather.Yes someone mentioned Matalan to me during the week for cheap summer clothing and maxi dresses,so worth a look I reckon!

Looks good but.....

I always have major problems buying online from overseas - especially from the USA - as they rarely fit me - even though I studiously studied the sizing charts.

I prefer to try things on first before buying.

They are a little on the expensive side (but they often have sales) but:

Tree of Life and Rivers in Sydney have some great maxi dresses:

http://www.treeoflife.com.au/boho-clothing/bohemian-dresses

http://www.rivers.com.au/catalogdb/products.asp?category=413

Rivers is particularly cheap if you go to one of the big factory outlet stores; as everything is discounted all of the time

I'll risk it. It's for at night in places like side bar which I'll probably mostly be in. I'll probably have to send it back anyway, it most likely won't suit me

Oh thats ok then,i thought you were thinking of wearing black in the sun.which is unbearable

Looks good but.....

I always have major problems buying online from overseas - especially from the USA - as they rarely fit me - even though I studiously studied the sizing charts.

I prefer to try things on first before buying.

They are a little on the expensive side (but they often have sales) but:

Tree of Life and Rivers in Sydney have some great maxi dresses:

http://www.treeoflife.com.au/boho-clothing/bohemian-dresses

http://www.rivers.com.au/catalogdb/products.asp?category=413

Rivers is particularly cheap if you go to one of the big factory outlet stores; as everything is discounted all of the time

Oh?My sister orders all the time from the states and has no problems with sizing.Love the clothing on TOL,thats my style!:cute:

Archived