Accessing UK Internet Banking From Oz

koalakids

Hi all,

Please can someone share their experiences on the following :

Is it possible to access UK Internet Banking Accounts from Oz? And if so which banks have you successfully done so with? I'm curious to know whether it's possible as I've heard some banks have firewalls that block attempts to 'log on' from overseas soil.

Many thanks for your advice on this one. I have done a search on the subject but can't find anything.

Cheers,

Steve.

Never had any trouble with the Co-op bank, have been doing it for years quite successfully. I hadnt heard that they were banning international origin enquiries - that would impact huge numbers of people I would have thought.

Guest Rickard Family

Hi

Funny enough went into HSBC today on someone's reccomendation on here they have branches worldwide and said you can use internet banking with them also your card would be fine the only thing you cannot use in oz is the cheque book it would cost you a fortune everytime you used one do not know the ins and outs of charges yet though sorry. Lou.

Guest TheBrowningFamily

If you have over £50k to invest go and speak to HSBC, they have a great premier banking service and it is free for those with over £50k, or I think £25pm for those without it. Basically you can use your card with no charge anywhere in the world and can withdraw upto £1k per day with it, cheques etc are also free and you get the mobile number and direct email to you branch manager. Internet banking is also very simple with them.

I have bank account with Halifax, Lloyds, Barclays and NatWest (dont't ask!!! :huh:) and have had no problems logging on with any of them. Main one was Halifax and I just advised them was moving overseas but gave them a UK address also (in-laws) and no grief at all. Request online statements instead of paper wherever possible too.

Have also been able to keep some credit cards - notified them of Ozzie address and again no probs (although not the case with all of them so closed them). Again receive statements online.

It helps to keep some running until you are sorted here. Am now in process of closing all but one of the bank accounts but will leave the credit cards open just incase :err:.

Also, if you have an American Express card (not used in donkeys years), notify them and they will give you a number to call in Oz and you can transfer your account. This helps establish an Ozzie credit rating.

Lyn

Hi Steve,

I did used to access Barclays online (untill i closed the account) from oz - all was ok unless i had a problem and then the time difference was a pain if you had to call the bank (but skype was handy for that as low charge) also used to go onto my MBNA credit card online too.

stuju

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply. You have all been helpful and are all a very informative bunch! Going by what you've all said I shouldn't have any problems with my accounts as you've mentioned them both between all your posts!

Thanks again and cheers,

Steve.

Archived