Suffocating!

jono119

Is Jono still around or is he a one post man?

Yes, he's still around. Quite often folk will set up an identity on a forum to "bounce ideas" (not my words). When folks are not so sure of the course that they are navigating, they will present this course to others in order to seek assurance that they are navigating the right track (or not). The fact that he posted here "many moons ago" without subsequent acknowledgement of his earlier plight ("plight" as he and others saw it) "irresponsibility" as I saw it, and without thanks for those who offered him advice previously.

Despite the oft touted "we were all young once" which no doubt is based more on sentimentality for your younger years, than reality, I'm afraid that my personal opinion/recognition of the problem is, as presented here, is likely to lead to me being subjected to accusations of "lack of empathy" that accusation likely to be the lesser of other accusations.

Excuse me! We have excuses based on all sorts of situations revolving around age, and with the infernce of it being excusable via "letting your hair down when young" but IMHO you aren't helping those "transgressors" to attain maturity.

Some of the replies on this thread indicates fully to me why the thread, and his previous one,was even started. IMHO, the replies are complicit in creating the kind of person that has a need to post his "nightmare" albeit one that he has created himself.

You have offered advice (in this thread) despite being directed to a similar thread a few years earlier in which the poster presented similar problems and never responded to those answers which sought to help him at the time. He failed to respond to the posts offering advice at that time, and despite the illustration of this, and the inference of his "personna" based on his lack of response to earlier thread responses, I can only conclude that those who are "reaching out" are wasting their time. I wish it wasn't so but time is precious and this feckwit needs to wake up and realise that every minute of confrontation is a lifetime lost...............yes...............a minute now...........and you may be dead tomorow............so sort it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jono

Just be careful you are not looking back at the UK with Rose tinted Glasses. I had similar feelings when I returned from a UK holiday in 2014, partly because you have this amazing whirlwind holiday, catch up with old mates, etc....

But once your back, the red carpet treatment lasts for about 1 day. Your soon back in the swing of things, working, etc... and normality resumes....

Just make sure you don;t burn any bridges in case you wake up one day missing Oz...

Jono

Just be careful you are not looking back at the UK with Rose tinted Glasses. I had similar feelings when I returned from a UK holiday in 2014, partly because you have this amazing whirlwind holiday, catch up with old mates, etc....

But once your back, the red carpet treatment lasts for about 1 day. Your soon back in the swing of things, working, etc... and normality resumes....

Just make sure you don;t burn any bridges in case you wake up one day missing Oz...

Let's not forget that many many of us don't look at the UK with rose tinted glasses as well. I usually agree with the not burning bridges, sometimes there seems to be no real choice.

Let's not forget that many many of us don't look at the UK with rose tinted glasses as well. I usually agree with the not burning bridges, sometimes there seems to be no real choice.

I agree.... I am just assuming he was happy in Oz before his UK vacation...

You are right - Many do prefer the UK.... and some love both....

I agree.... I am just assuming he was happy in Oz before his UK vacation...

You are right - Many do prefer the UK.... and some love both....

Best not to assume too much in these circumstances really, sometimes a trip home is the catalyst people need.

I agree, I am in the second category :)

Not that this will help the OP,yes I was young once,and never in my whole life (apart from a mortgage)held any debts,had any credits cards or store cards etc.Debt is usually a choice.

I don't mind a bit of debt, we don't have a mortgage but have 1 credit card now and a small home improvement loan.

Then you also get the other side of things. A lady near us got a house and never ever paid the mortgage. The bank forced her to sell so she paid off what she owed and made a dirty great profit as well- all for not paying her way. Something wrong there.

This is mind blowing, can you elaborate?

Archived