Unoriginal thread.... Best curry in Melbourne?

betterskierthanthewife

Ditto. http://www.downundercurrynorthcote.com.au/

Great for takeaways, I would say better then Basecamp. Much better.

The best Tandoori Chicken I have come across is in the Northlands Shopping Centre - Food Court - the curries are damn fine also.

Part of the problem, is that most are not Indian, but fusion. Australia just don't get Curry the we Brits do - so the there is a lack of proper Tandoor Ovens and much blandness or too much salt to overcompensate. Some of the ones thats get rated are very poor.

I always ask the Taxi Drivers, "Two Fat Indians" always comes up as does "Punjabi Curry Cafe" in Fitzroy.

In High Sreet Northcote - The Sri Lankan is pretty good, but The Tibetan is a fantastic little place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys i follow and qrite on 186 forum but takking about curries and i cant resist. So if you in melbourne i can suggest you places youd love to go.

I am a persoj who only likes to visit a place and people who are courteous and professional. Though its hard to find an Indian restaurant with highly professional staff though i might open up one in comng 6 months or 1 year. But hit me if you guys in melbourne and nèed more info about curry places

It's a public forum. Post your info here for all to see.

Everybody likes professionalism and courtesy too. So where can you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a good food delivered on time around footscray id say order from akshaya in braybrook. We order every friday and stick to butter chicken and malai kofta. Theur garlic nans are amazing and quantity per serve is alot.

They delievet the food under 40 and uts only 1 iut of 100 times they deliever in 1 hour.

Then we have south Indian food its called rv1 dosa hut in west footscray.

If you in city try nirankar on queen st i guess bit expensive but worth the service.