Medicals - all guns blazing or wait to be asked?

DeniDeni

We will shortly be submitting our EOI (yes we have everything else ready) and will obviously be having our medicals.I have previously posted that my 11 year old has Aspergers but is very high functioning, required no support at juniors, although is just starting seniors this week but as far as I am aware will not be getting any extra support There either. He is meeting national targets and exceeding them in others. His consultant has discharged him and written a supporting statement as to how high functioning he is. His junior school has also done the same.My question is; when we go for the medicals should we take all this information and statements or wait for it to be asked for (for fear of looking too desperate!).As we have not yet submitted our EOI, should we considering having our medicals first - or would this make no difference until reviewed after submission of visa application?Hope this makes sense....

It is up to you but it isn't what I would do at this stage. You won't actulaly get an answer on the medicals even if you do do them. From what you have said, I wouldn't be too worried about failing the medical, although you probably will have to provide some extra information so worth getting that together.

Thanks everyone, we have no intention of lying or trying to hide his Aspergers just didn't want to bombard them with statements until the appropriate time.

If his Aspergers isn't likely to come up in the medicals when will it be disclosed? Thanks.

Thanks everyone, we have no intention of lying or trying to hide his Aspergers just didn't want to bombard them with statements until the appropriate time.

If his Aspergers isn't likely to come up in the medicals when will it be disclosed? Thanks.

The aspergers will definitely come up in the medical as you wil have to declare it.

Don't do the medicals too soon. Your medicals must still be in date (meaning less than 12 months old) at the point you validate your visa. Where the visa process has taken longer than expected (a frequent occurrence as they like to shake up the system and change all the rules at least once a year) people have ended up having to pay to have their medicals done a second time. We were lucky. We submitted our medicals shortly after submitting our application - based on a 3 to 4 month expected processing time at the time we applied. Because of rule changes it took 11 months for our visas to come through and we ended up with an 8 week window in which to validate our visas.

Archived