Family Allowance

Guest Kursha

Guest Kursha

Does anybody know if we are entitled to family allowance and child care allowance when on a 457 visa?

Guest billy braveheart
Does anybody know if we are entitled to family allowance and child care allowance when on a 457 visa?

dont think so but sure someone will confirm this or not

Guest BullcreekBob

On a temporary visa (457 is one) there is ABSOLUTELY NO entitlement to Family Tax Benefit part A or B.

If you have any chance of going for a PR visa, it is best to do, even if it takes longer to arrange.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nette Mac

Hi

No unfortunately you are not. Family allowance is means tested as well over here so we don't get anything and we have 3 kids. We don't earn great amounts of cash but are just above the threshold.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ady and David

Silly question - I think!!! Can we still draw Child benefit in the UK? How will they know? Who do we inform that we are moving? I know we have to complete a Form p85. Hope someone can help? Dave and Ady

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sazzle76
Silly question - I think!!! Can we still draw Child benefit in the UK? How will they know? Who do we inform that we are moving? I know we have to complete a Form p85. Hope someone can help? Dave and Ady

Hi there.

No! I looked into this as hoping to go and validate 175 next year, inland rev will only pay your benefits for upto 6 months, if you are out of the country for longer than 6 months all benefits are stopped - hence our validation reccy wont be over 6 months!

Seem oz is a whole lot fairer than the uk on its benefits claims and givin houses away... hence why uk has so many arrivals that are making the majority of us depart!

Archived