Seven Seas Worldwide - Baggage Shipping

Guest LandL

Eve read through some reviews on shipping on here but most seem to discuss moving large items. I only really want to ship a box or two of extra clothes, a few books etc. Seven Seas Worldwide popped up on my search and it seems to have good reviews and I was quite happy with the quote... does anyone have any experience with them (or suggestions for someone better/cheaper?!).

Any help would be great .. so many companies pop up on goggle ive been struggling to workout who is best!

Thankyou

Eve read through some reviews on shipping on here but most seem to discuss moving large items. I only really want to ship a box or two of extra clothes, a few books etc. Seven Seas Worldwide popped up on my search and it seems to have good reviews and I was quite happy with the quote... does anyone have any experience with them (or suggestions for someone better/cheaper?!).

Any help would be great .. so many companies pop up on goggle ive been struggling to workout who is best!

Thankyou

I would like to ask this as well... I was quoted by them 104£ for a couple of boxes of books, seems extremely expensive to me, considering its going by sea its cheaper to buy the books again at the other end.

We used them for a move cube and then shipped 4 tea chest sized boxes seperate to this. Was fine, good price and delivered to our door in Aus within 12 weeks.

I would like to ask this as well... I was quoted by them 104£ for a couple of boxes of books, seems extremely expensive to me, considering its going by sea its cheaper to buy the books again at the other end.

You sure the books will be cheaper here? I find books to be expensive here. If you are filling a box with books, then £104 seems cheap to me.

• 4 months later...

Hi we used seven seas to move our suff to Darwin we only took books dvds and kids stuff plus two bikes total of 10 boxes cost us just under £1000.... it was the cheapest quote we got.. very happy with their service and we even changed our address when we got to Aus... got all boxes in 12 weeks and no issues...

Have used Seven Seas three times on 3 continents and they have always been excellent. Delivery always showed up and cost was reasonable mind you it was only two tea chest size boxes now last time down graded to one. As to books they are far more expensive in Australia and I bought them regularly from UK at about 50% of cost.

• 2 weeks later...

The online quote calculator gives 2 large boxes as £119...but the there's another charge in AUD that says chargeable at destination. For Tassie it's another £170ish !! Crikey , is it worth sending anything!?

Don't say that you'e sounding like my hubby ! nothing but the clothes on our backs if it was up to him.

Edited by Fairview70
Missed off quote

Well I've been on the site for about an hour looking for where it lists the cities and can't find it. But if your quote lists the place your going you're ok. I orginally asked them to clarify that it isn't door to door service other than city destinations and they simply sent a quote for for door to port. I emailed them again yesterday to get a straight answer but not replied. I have done a quote for boxes now instead and this is door to door and if I'm frugal with my packing cheaper.

Well I've been on the site for about an hour looking for where it lists the cities and can't find it. But if your quote lists the place your going you're ok. I orginally asked them to clarify that it isn't door to door service other than city destinations and they simply sent a quote for for door to port. I emailed them again yesterday to get a straight answer but not replied. I have done a quote for boxes now instead and this is door to door and if I'm frugal with my packing cheaper.

I have had a courteous reply from seven seas apologising but stating in my case door to port only available on move cube.