Visa for self employed professionals: Delay?

Indianinoz

Hello,

I have just received a call from my agent(though they're not a MARA agent I've had a very good experience with them) stating that DIBP is taking more time than usual(say 6-9 months or even up to a year instead of the usual 2-3 months) for self employed professionals. Is this true? Also, they're conducting physical verification of premises to ensure that the applicant is really self employed and not faking it. Not only this but they're also calling up clients(whose reference letters are given by the applicant). Can someone check if this is really true?

Also, the agent has told not to email or call DIBP at least for the next 4-6 months as this may lead to reception due to anxiety.

Sorry for asking what you may have already covered with your agent, but do you work within a limited company as a vessel for your business?

I'm not sure if I understood your question. I'm a proprietor of a self employed firm ACTUALLY doing business(so not fake). 2 of my clients are listed limited companies. They have made payments to my bank accounts. Not only this, they have also deducted TDS(tax deducted at source) on my payments of which I have proofs.

You misunderstood my intention, I did not bring your integrity into question.

I'm merely asking, how you do business, because I considered myself self-employed, even though I actually trade under my own limited company. Therefore, I'm employed by the company I'm the sole shareholder of (i.e: Not actually classified as self-emplyed)

You misunderstood my intention, I did not bring your integrity in to question.

I'm merely asking, how you do business, because I considered myself self-employed, even though I actually trade under my own limited company. Therefore, I'm employed by the company I'm the sole shareholder of (i.e: Not actually classified as self-emplyed)

Yes I was not referring to your question when I stressed on 'ACTUALLY'. I just meant to give more of my facts. That stressing on the word was more in frustation because I cannot wait for 6 months. We wanted to relocate this year end! :(

I understand your position. But mine is not such a case. I'm not receiving Salary at all in the past 3.5 years. My proprietary firm is receiving professional fees. I'm the owner of the firm and there are people working under me on Salary.

OK, sorry I could not add any value, just thought maybe you were in a similar boat as me.

As @Alan Collett says above, it does sound awfully sketchy to me. Maybe confirm with a MARA agent?

The agent called on her own. I trust the agent. A few of my friends have successfully had their grants from the agent. The agent is simply telling that in their experience of the past 3-6 months, they're confirming too much for self employed professionals. Maybe this is the case only in India, not sure. Many Indians usually fake self employment if they're not doing anything to enrich their experience. Since mine is genuine, I don't need to worry about. But going through this hassle is a big pain. The delay, if it goes to that length would be very frustating. I was hoping to get a grant by mid October latest and fly by November end but it seems I'll have to wait for eternity now.

Someone replied:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am a self-employed proprietor of my firm and was granted PR 190 visa without a single verification. None of the clients received any calls or emails whatsoever. If your business paper work is in order you should be fine. I submitted every document pertaining to my business including the ST 2 registration, bank accounts, invoices raised, payment details against invoices, form16s from clients, service tax paid half yearly, income tax paid and acknowledgements from the IT department.

Also submitted, client reference letters and appreciation letters along with scanned copy of their visiting cards and samples of email communication between us.

Hope this answers your query.

All the best with your application!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it makes sense. Some terms are Indian for eg. Form 16 is the TDS certificate, ST-2 registration is the Service Tax Registration in India etc. What do you think?

It is not only a matter of satisfying the criteria, it is a matter of providing the evidence to satisfy the delegate that you do. The authorities are quite capable of conducting a misdirected 'employment check' using the wrong contact details and the result follows.

Archived