Welsh in Melbourne??

Guest WelshInMelbourne

Guest taffyinoz

i was on the tram at the time surrounded by allsorts, thats alright though ill take my family home ,farewell Australia with refugees ,arabs,muslims and worsed of all pc do gooders coming in every day i think we are heading for a more honest place.

you say you were on the tram surrounded by all sorts i went home to visit family at xmas & f**K me what was i surrounded by in london all sorts you've obviously got a pole stuck up your ass so why dont you leave a country where you think you're surrounded by all sort to go back to a country that you've got worse living conditions & more all sorts to be surrounded by you've come into this thread & started all this, i dont know you from s**t but i'm not going to waste anymore of my time on you. i do feel sorry for your family leaving this country where you've got the chance at a life to go back to a life of doing nothing i pity you farewell & good riddance

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WelshCouple

Bora Da All xx Welsh couple here....still in Bloody S.Wales too...we are from Oakdale a small mining village near Blackwood up the valleys....so no sheep jokes plz...lol

its been snowing here again over the weekend..wishing we were over there with you taffs....cant wait for the first Welsh game on Sat..if we can win this first game against the English...we deffo have a better chance..fingers crossed no wooden spoon this year...lol

Just loved reading thou this post..hope you don't mind me posting...cause im still in the UK:goofy:

Its still a dream of ours to up sticks and move to OZ(2 adults & 2 boys age 5yrs & 11yrs)...money is the main thing...back 11yrs ago our end terrace house we bought for 34,500 5yrs ago it was worth 99,000 when remortage....and i cant bear to think what its worth now....employment up here has just gone to the dogs...hubby is lucky enough to work for a well known international company Linde Material Handling which is also in Aus so for now fingers crossed his job is safe.... he works in devolopment at the moment but has been asked to attend a interview for leading hand next week...so fingers crossed.... it would be the iceing on the cake if his employers would transfer him/us over there:wideeyed:

Opps....sorry got carried away than....Just want to wish you Taffs all the best out there and hope you/we all get to meet one day...Night Hugs Clare & Dean xxx:hug:sending big Welsh Hugs xxx

Guest WelshCouple

Hi Lyn x Thanks hun..we not sure where we heading yet...it could be a couple of yrs yet..but im still keeping the dream alive x

Clare x

frankston at the mo desperatley seeking a house xxx before container arrives might be setting up home on the beach xxx anyone with info on any houses for rent or where to get car !!!! please pm me xxxx or even would like be my friend as i desparately looking for friends xxxxx

carole x

Guest Lewis clan

You'll haveto move - no its' me and sabretiger - and that's probably enough for Hoppers to cope with.!!! St Kilda ain't too far either. We will come and visit you!!! Lyn

Hiya Butt,

We are Welshies looking to emmigrate very soon to Melbourne. Hopefully hubby will get a job in Essendon then the search will begin to find somewhere to live. Hope you can help with all your advice and experience.

BTW, 6 nations coming up and I shall be thinking of you all in the sun while I'm freezing to death working in the stadium!!!

Guest huwjames82

I live in st kilda as well. so there welsh are out there. if you want to watch the rugby this week end send a pm to lyn (lewis clan) they are getting people together for ther match

Guest Lewis clan
Hiya Butt,

We are Welshies looking to emmigrate very soon to Melbourne. Hopefully hubby will get a job in Essendon then the search will begin to find somewhere to live. Hope you can help with all your advice and experience.

BTW, 6 nations coming up and I shall be thinking of you all in the sun while I'm freezing to death working in the stadium!!!

Hi There Cruella - love the name - good luck to you with the job search. Let us know how you get one. Lyn

hia

well guys we have arrived (like)

so wots occurring xxx

all the way from sunny swansea to melbourne yippee xxx

carole x paul and 3 kids xx

Hi all!

We've just arrived in Melbourne too. My wife is from Melbourne but I've just moved here. Would be great to get to know more welsh who have moved out here :-)

Rich

Guest sabretiger

so strange !!! i was born in melbourne 64 left 67 and just arrived back with resolven hubby how weird. we at hoppers crossing . we have to all meet soon.

Guest morgstooz

hello to every one who's made it here from wales, we are in mt eliza , hope its not too warm for the newbies , good luck, morgs.

Hiya all again! We are currently living on the outskirts of Newport (Chav's ville) Hubby born an bred in Castleton and I lived in West Wales (Ceredigion) for 16yrs before moving to the big Diff.

We are so scared and excited about the possibility of emmigration. From what I have read so far, the assumption is that cost of living is on a par, if not more than here in Cymru?

A big factor we are worrying about it a home. At the moment with the property slump here we would not consider selling our home and just rent it out for now. What is rental like out there? We live on the outskirts of Newport here and would not really be interested in living in the city centre. Whats a reasonable commute from Essendon? Where we are at the moment we have a big garden and we live in a 3 bed semi that is attached to the family from hell next door (2 adults that let their 5 kids run wild and their dog and cat that frequently visit our garden to do their business! On that note, we would really like to live somewhere that is detached and not so overlooked by neighbours! Please can anyone tell me if this sort of lifestyle is possible without a massive price tag!!!??

Archived