Sports fans

Danny842003

So after 3 months in country I have got well in to rugby league, what a brilliant sport. I was from the right region of England originally and did have exposure to the sport as a kid but was never that bothered by it.

Anyway I was a massive football fan back home and thought I would be getting a season ticket for Sydney FC next season but I will most certainly be getting one for the Rabbitohs instead.

Has anyone else taken to an ozzie sport as quick as this?

Im still a Newcastle fan and will be getting up at daft times to watch them but I never got as much enjoyment out of watching game s have no vested interest in like I do in the NRL. If it was Burnley v QPR on the TV I wouldn't dream of watching it but if it was Sharks v Raiders I probably would.

Had the same sort of experience but with Aussie rules Danny. Saw one game of the West Coast Eagles and fell in love with the game. I loved soccer coming from the UK and used to play every weekend, Saturday and Sunday. I find I can only watch the highlights now as the guys seem to fall over if someone breaths on them. Wasn't like that when I used to play. It's getting worse too.

So after 3 months in country I have got well in to rugby league, what a brilliant sport. I was from the right region of England originally and did have exposure to the sport as a kid but was never that bothered by it.

Anyway I was a massive football fan back home and thought I would be getting a season ticket for Sydney FC next season but I will most certainly be getting one for the Rabbitohs instead.

Has anyone else taken to an ozzie sport as quick as this?

Im still a Newcastle fan and will be getting up at daft times to watch them but I never got as much enjoyment out of watching game s have no vested interest in like I do in the NRL. If it was Burnley v QPR on the TV I wouldn't dream of watching it but if it was Sharks v Raiders I probably would.

It's not an ozzie sport mate, it is an English one that you have sadly missed out on for a long time. Any way welcome to the greatest game on earth and hope your team does not do quite as well as mine. However the rabbito's are affiliated to my team in the UK- Leeds Rhinos, so my second choice would be the Rabbits.

Keith.

PS still cannot get into the AFL!

It's not an ozzie sport mate

Sorry I forgot for a brief second we invented everything of worth ;) I have watched super league previously and my attitude was it was ok and I would watch it over union all day long but I find the standard here so much higher. I just cant get my head around AFL although being in Sydney and not having Fox you dont see that much of it.