bridging visa question

shoegal68

hi there im having a slight panic!

we are currently on a 457 visa having just completed our two years and my hubbys employer is happy to sponsor on the ENS (186) transition stream.

our current visa has a very random expiry of 31 jan 2016 (which means they gave us 2 and a bit years on out visa, anyway.....)

the employer is new to the whole sponsorhsip thing so are takign their time getting ready for the nomination part..........

At what point does a bridging visa get granted, is it when the nomination is lodged or when we lodge our part of the application? and can we lodge our part without the nomination being approved (i know this would not be recommended but it in desperate times) if we did this w may then be able to obtain a bridging visa?

im just having a slight panic that the nomination may nt be approved beofe the visa expires, what would happen in this case does anyone know?

also when the employer does the nomiation is that purely for the position and then we make our application using the ID number?

or, do they need to nominate our whole family in the first instance and put all our details in the nomination?

before anyone says we have left it late,we couldnt do it any earlier as we have only just hit the two year mark :)

thank u!

Edited by shoegal68

There is plenty of time until January 2016, I am not sure there is any reason to panic just yet.

Hopefully the nomination will be approved by then and then you can lodge your part of the application, that is when bridging visa would be applied for too (as part and parcel of your visa application).

So long as their nomination is in though, you can lodge your application, but I really wouldn't (if you are paying!) until the last possible minute as it would be a wasted application fee if the nomination is declined.

My advice is that it is way too early to panic, but keep on top of the employer and keep reminding them of the 457 expiry date.

The employer lodges the nomination, and once they do that you can lodge your application at any time. The bridging visa is issued after you lodge your application. When submitting the nomination, the employer nominates the employee and also lists the accompanying family.

hi there im having a slight panic!

we are currently on a 457 visa having just completed our two years and my hubbys employer is happy to sponsor on the ENS (186) transition stream.

our current visa has a very random expiry of 31 jan 2016 (which means they gave us 2 and a bit years on out visa, anyway.....)

the employer is new to the whole sponsorhsip thing so are takign their time getting ready for the nomination part..........

The documents required for the nomination stage are quite extensive and may take the employer some time to compile. If they are new to the process, they should consider getting some professional advice.

At what point does a bridging visa get granted, is it when the nomination is lodged or when we lodge our part of the application? and can we lodge our part without the nomination being approved (i know this would not be recommended but it in desperate times) if we did this w may then be able to obtain a bridging visa?

A bridging visa is granted when you lodge the visa application (as long as you are in Australia when you lodge).

also when the employer does the nomiation is that purely for the position and then we make our application using the ID number?

No, at the nomination stage the employer needs to meet many criteria such as, financial position, training of Australian staff, genuine position, market rate, etc.

or, do they need to nominate our whole family in the first instance and put all our details in the nomination?

Yes, all applicants’ details should be included at the nomination stage.