Need some advice please debts

Lizzie0309

Hello I hope some of you can help me on this , me and my husband are going threw a family visa for Australia at the me him and our 2 boys from the uk , me and boys are going under him as he's got a trade we have been in process for 8 months now and have just recived police check and have a medicals booked for 2 weeks so everything going well at the min and have payed the big payment , we are near at the end of are visa application but I'm worried about my debts here in uk,

i am currently on a dmp in uk which I pay every month, with about £9000 in debt to 6 creditors and I'm scared that getting to end of the application this is going to muck us about and our visa will not be granted can anyone give me some advise do this visas do credit checks ect I'm scared

Hello I hope some of you can help me on this , me and my husband are going threw a family visa for Australia at the me him and our 2 boys from the uk , me and boys are going under him as he's got a trade we have been in process for 8 months now and have just recived police check and have a medicals booked for 2 weeks so everything going well at the min and have payed the big payment , we are near at the end of are visa application but I'm worried about my debts here in uk,

i am currently on a dmp in uk which I pay every month, with about £9000 in debt to 6 creditors and I'm scared that getting to end of the application this is going to muck us about and our visa will not be granted can anyone give me some advise do this visas do credit checks ect I'm scared

As far as I am aware debt will not hold you back from a visa, it is a civil matter for you and the creditors. DIBP are interested in criminal history for the character test, and although the character you portray here is less than desirable for the creditors, DIBP are not interested in this.

Thankyou I have been doing loads research but cannot find debts stopping people from going unless it was fraud or something thankyou for ur time

No, it won't be a bar to getting a visa. Although for your own well being, it isn't a great start to a migration. Migration is an expensive business, especially for a family, and usually requires plenty of savings not debts!

No, it won't stop you from getting a visa. You'll need to budget in the impact of money transfers and currency conversion as you pay off the debt from Australia and consider the fact that it may take a while to find work after you arrive, which may add to the stress. Good luck.

Thankyou I have been doing loads research but cannot find debts stopping people from going unless it was fraud or something thankyou for ur time

I think that's because very few people would consider migrating if they were in debt, because you need a LOT of savings to afford the move. Have you sat down and made a budget?

Air fares for the four of you;

Shipping costs for your belongings (or cost of replacing everything if you leave everything behind);

Temporary accommodation for a few weeks when you first arrive;

A car, plus insurance, road tax etc;

Enough money to pay the rent and feed the family for at least 3 months until you find work (and if you're going to Cairns without a job, I'd make that 6 months);

Deposit bond (four weeks' rent) for a rental place;

Money to service your debt.

That's just off the top of my head.

I think that's because very few people would consider migrating if they were in debt, because you need a LOT of savings to afford the move. Have you sat down and made a budget?

Air fares for the four of you;

Shipping costs for your belongings (or cost of replacing everything if you leave everything behind);

Temporary accommodation for a few weeks when you first arrive;

A car, plus insurance, road tax etc;

Enough money to pay the rent and feed the family for at least 3 months until you find work (and if you're going to Cairns without a job, I'd make that 6 months);

Deposit bond (four weeks' rent) for a rental place;

Money to service your debt.

That's just off the top of my head.

Then you can add..

Flights for the family :)

Other things that add up.. Paying to transfer UK driving license etc.

An additional 2 weeks rent up front as well as the 4 weeks bond.

very few people would consider migrating if they were in debt

Some people borrow as much as they can before leaving everything behind them.

There are two certain facts about borrowing money:

Those who have your interest at heart cannot repossess a holiday, or a funeral.

Archived