Migration Review Tribunal - declined Partner Visa appeal

Keep me in oz

Guest The Pom Queen

I am sorry to hear about your refusal. Hopefully you will hear soon, just remember no news is good news.

Has anyone applied to the Migration Review Tribunal for a declined Partner Visa? Just wondering how long its taking atm.

For real? You did your medicals on Wednessday last week and you've been refused a visa and it's only Monday lunchtime?

Speak to a migration agent, sounds like you put your own application together and it hasn't worked. The answers below are true, you have had a very fast response for an 820 app, sounds like there's something major wrong which is why it's been picked up so quickly.

ha ha no... sorry for the confusion. I was declined my onshore Visa earlier in the year which I am appealing and I have the Offshore visa running in the background just in case :)

Crikey, how much is this costing?

if the have declined it onshore, what difference would it make applying for it offshore? surely you need to meet the same conditions? just wondering?

Well it took them a year to declined it so we now have another years worth of evidence to supply, which includes living toegther for the required amount of time.

Well it took them a year to declined it so we now have another years worth of evidence to supply, which includes living toegther for the required amount of time.

So why are you appealing it? Having evidence now does not mean it was a wrong decision then does it?

So why are you appealing it? Having evidence now does not mean it was a wrong decision then does it?

Without going into the nitty gritty of it all, I think I have a stong chance that the decision will be overturned by the MRT based on the evidence I supplied to immigration at the time of application of my 820/801 visa.

I'm not a migration agent and maybe I'm missing something, but if you thought you had submitted a valid onshore application, why did you then submit an offshore application?

Could it be that you knew your onshore one was invalid and you were just playing for time whilst you got the evidence for the offshore one - and now you need the MRT to take a long time so you can stay together on a bridging visa whilst your offshore one is processed?

I'm not a migration agent and maybe I'm missing something, but if you thought you had submitted a valid onshore application, why did you then submit an offshore application?

Could it be that you knew your onshore one was invalid and you were just playing for time whilst you got the evidence for the offshore one - and now you need the MRT to take a long time so you can stay together on a bridging visa whilst your offshore one is processed?

no, not quite... I thought my onshore visa would get granted, when it didnt we decided to appeal the decision, then three months after all that I found out I could apply for the offshore visa as well as a back up as ultimately that would be the plan if the MRT hearing doesnt go in our favour! but instead of waiting until the hearing, we have applied now. All we want is to get on with our lives together as soon as we can, the migration process is so hard and so horrible we just want it to be done and dusted and move on from it!

• 1 month later...

Archived