189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We lodged mid July and heard from CO mid sept to request 3 more documents. We sent them but haven't heard.

I'm hoping we hear very soon as we've sold our house and I have to resign by the end of the week to be able to leave in December. I tried phoning GSM Adelaide for an update on Sunday night but no one answered.

good luck to you both! Hope you hear soon x

Try resending ur email to GSM.adelaide instead of GSM.allocated.

A few people have had success when doing that

Completely dragging black mamba wish we could just ring but our agent said its not a good idea been 28 working days since last contact with co. Just wish they would pick up our case and finish it so we can finally get on with lives :mad:

Hi all so excited just received that golden email so pleased the waiting was all worth while :-) Submitted 17/July, last document uploaded 7 days ago can't quite believe it we are going to Austrailia :-) Thank you to everyone on pio who has helped along the way and especially to you captain c and bungo for the help when I nearly had a breakdown regarding the police checks lol! Now time to celebrate xxx

Hi all so excited just received that golden email so pleased the waiting was all worth while :-) Submitted 17/July, last document uploaded 7 days ago can't quite believe it we are going to Austrailia :-) Thank you to everyone on pio who has helped along the way and especially to you captain c and bungo for the help when I nearly had a breakdown regarding the police checks lol! Now time to celebrate í*½í¸€í*½í¸€í*½í¸€í*¼í¾‰í*¼í¾‰í*¼í¾‰ xxx

Very happy to hear it! Congratulations!

I've managed to speak to someone who can't give us more info except that the 3 month period starts on the day the CO contacted us which is 17th sept rather than 21st July when we lodged. I thought our 3 months was up today. I'm going crazy as this new date takes me to 17th Dec and we planned on flying on the 13th Dec.

I have emailed our CO 3 times with no replies to clarify the info we were required to add.

any suggestions/advice?

Still waiting also. I hope that's not the case Mrs Smithy81, we also wanted to fly out at the beginning of December and we are seriously running out of time. Going to struggle to get there before school starts.

The frustrating thing is the September applicants are starting to get theirs through.

I've managed to speak to someone who can't give us more info except that the 3 month period starts on the day the CO contacted us which is 17th sept rather than 21st July when we lodged. I thought our 3 months was up today. I'm going crazy as this new date takes me to 17th Dec and we planned on flying on the 13th Dec.

I have emailed our CO 3 times with no replies to clarify the info we were required to add.

any suggestions/advice?

Yes that's right, the three months does start from when they receive a complete application.

So a fully completed application with everything frontloaded, the clock starts then. As soon as a CO asks for more info, the clock restarts again.

Sometimes you'll see people being asked for sone info even though they have submitted it beforehand. I think this is just a trick to make their processing standards look good on paper. That said, most applications are completed well within three months from date of submission.

Hi everyone,

Our wait has been agonising!! We were contacted by a CO on the 18th August, uploaded final docs on the 9th September and we are still waiting. We were told up to 3 weeks for a grant by our emigration agent so we booked flights for 8 weeks later and now we still don't have our visa!!

We we have looked into our options though and we can get a short term visitor visa for 3 months and as soon as the PR visa comes through it will over ride the temp visitor visa so that buys us more time and we can still fly out on the 8th Nov!

Just waiting for that one last thing is a nightmare!!

Thanks both of you! All ours docs are front loaded but I'm going to upload more to make doubly sure they've got everything. The waiting is horrible.

the lady I spoke to was really rude to me at first and didn't seem willing to listen. She only became helpful/nice when I told her I'd sent an email for clarification on 20th September & not had a response.

good luck black mamba. I hope we both hear soon x

Thanks both of you! All ours docs are front loaded but I'm going to upload more to make doubly sure they've got everything. The waiting is horrible.

the lady I spoke to was really rude to me at first and didn't seem willing to listen. She only became helpful/nice when I told her I'd sent an email for clarification on 20th September & not had a response.

good luck black mamba. I hope we both hear soon x

If you are sure that you already have everything uploaded then don't upload anything else, it will delay your application further, as they have to scrutinise everything that you send, regardless of whether it is useful or not.

If you have doubts, then you must upload until you're satisfied that everything is covered.

Archived