Carboot sales

benj1980

Oh my gosh the last time I did one was a real eye opener to me. I have never seen so many Romains/Bulgarians in one place (ladies in shell suit bottoms and mules!) and this is how most of the days dialogue went....

Customer: How much (picking up pair of shoes)

Me: £1.00

Customer 20p!

Me: No £1.00

Customer 20p (starts putting 20p in my hand and walking off with shoes)

Me: NO THEY ARE £1.00

Customer: 20p!!!

You get the picture... and it was like that all day long, it was flipping draining and I have never done one since.

Even through Gumtree and the like it's hard work; the number of people who ring to say they are coming around and never turn up. Just plain rude in my book. When I ripped out my old kitchen I advertised the cabinets as being for U shaped kitchen, then had a person come around and complain they weren't for a straight one.

Oh my gosh the last time I did one was a real eye opener to me. I have never seen so many Romains/Bulgarians in one place (ladies in shell suit bottoms and mules!) and this is how most of the days dialogue went....

Customer: How much (picking up pair of shoes)

Me: £1.00

Customer 20p!

Me: No £1.00

Customer 20p (starts putting 20p in my hand and walking off with shoes)

Me: NO THEY ARE £1.00

Customer: 20p!!!

You get the picture... and it was like that all day long, it was flipping draining and I have never done one since.

We had the same thing OMG it was hard work... Then the electicals OMG I had people raiding my car before we had even started unpacking. Never taking electricals again!