457 to Parent Visa (804) to Parent Visa (143)

We are currently on a 457 visa (in Australia working) with a BV for a Subclass 804 - Aged Parent (Class BP) that will become effective when the 457 terminates.

Given the waiting list for the 804, we have decided to transfer to the 143 Contributory Parent Visa.

My question is: Can we transfer with less paperwork as we are already queued for the 804 and have jumped through all the hoops and medicals etc. ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

As you're on an 804 in Australia it might make more sense to swap to 864- the waiting time I think is shorter & they will count the time you have already waited. They deal with you as a 'switcher' , & if you email them with all the details from your existing paperwork they will send you instructions on the next move to make, Medicals, AoS etc.

If you are eligible to apply for the 804 I assume that you are over 65? You should as Freesia says be applying for the 864, the Contributory Aged Parent visa. The 143 is an offshore visa, and although you can put in your application while physically in Australia you will not be granted a bridging visa for the currently 20 months waiting list and may have o leave Australia when your 457 expires, while the 864 is an onshore visa,

Ah, got it. So, we need an 864 and we would be switchers. As we have only just had medical etc. and have made it to the 'queue' for the 804, will we still need to go through all that again?

$50k each - Wow, not a cheap route then.

I have heard of Go Matilda. May need that type of assistance.

Thanks for your advice

Archived