Do you wait for your payment summaries?

PommyPaul

I thought you had to wait for it? I do mine once I get it, OH does his through an accountant as his is far more complicated.

nope you don't have to wait for it, also if you ever have problems getting one, even if you don't have payslips to work it out from you are allowed to estimate it

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Working/In-detail/PAYG-withholding/Lost-or-missing-PAYG-withholding-payment-summary/

Attention

A statutory declaration is no longer required.

End of attention

If you are unable to obtain accurate information from these sources, you will need to estimate your income and withholding details for the relevant employer.

direction-work-it-out.pngWork it out

For assistance with estimating your income refer to Gross pay estimatorExternal Link

End of work it out

Gross pay estimator will give you an estimate of your gross pay based on you net pay for a particular pay period. A pay period can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

nope you don't have to wait for it, also if you ever have problems getting one, even if you don't have payslips to work it out from you are allowed to estimate it

Why don't you just wait though? What is the rush? Waiting makes life a bit easier practically and sometimes strange things to do with superannuation pop up on my end of year summary that I would not know from payslips.

You should get your Payment Summary in the next week or so anyway - most employers do them straight after the last pay for the year, and I think the deadline for sending them out to employees is something like 13th July

very true, i've only run into problems once in several years though just doing it through payslips and that was when i.. uhmm. accidentally, forgot to mention money earn't through my abn, got the full ato interrogation and they were fine with me estimating all other earnings, just a bit miffed i left out the tax owed.. can't say i blame them

very true, i've only run into problems once in several years though just doing it through payslips and that was when i.. uhmm. accidentally, forgot to mention money earn't through my abn, got the full ato interrogation and they were fine with me estimating all other earnings, just a bit miffed i left out the tax owed.. can't say i blame them

:biglaugh:

If you do your tax on the e tax system and wait a while before doing it then all the information is there for you and you don't have to do anything except check it and add in any extra earnings or deductions. I've found the info will be on the e tax system before we receive the paper versions.

If you do your tax on the e tax system and wait a while before doing it then all the information is there for you and you don't have to do anything except check it and add in any extra earnings or deductions. I've found the info will be on the e tax system before we receive the paper versions.

If your a employer is up to date on the system too.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Working/In-detail/PAYG-withholding/Lost-or-missing-PAYG-withholding-payment-summary/

Attention

A statutory declaration is no longer required.

End of attention

If you are unable to obtain accurate information from these sources, you will need to estimate your income and withholding details for the relevant employer.

direction-work-it-out.pngWork it out

For assistance with estimating your income refer to Gross pay estimatorExternal Link

End of work it out

Gross pay estimator will give you an estimate of your gross pay based on you net pay for a particular pay period. A pay period can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

That says if you are unable to get accurate info. I don't think being impatient and not waiting the two weeks employers have to send them out really counts as unable.

Archived