Bank fees on money transfer

wattsy1982

ive been charged everytime by anz whether its been transfered from a broker (halo financial) my halifax uk account or my parents natwest UK account. Most banks charged to receive foreign transfers....i trudged around 4-5 today in person to try to find a free one!

ive been charged everytime by anz whether its been transfered from a broker (halo financial) my halifax uk account or my parents natwest UK account. Most banks charged to receive foreign transfers....i trudged around 4-5 today in person to try to find a free one!

If you use a company like Money Corp or HiFX then it's not a foreign transfer (well HiFX certainly isn't) - just googled Halo and I can't understand why your bank or any other would charge.

Guest The Pom Queen

I've moved your question in to a new thread and to money and finance as the Moneycorp forum is to liaise with @John from Moneycorp directly.

If you have a NAB account then Moneycorp has a Pio members deal with them where they will absorb any fees so you won't be charged at either end. We just had a family member do a bank to bank transfer and it cost $25 at this end

From experience has anyone been charged by their AUS bank to receive transfers made through moneycorp?

ANZ have charged me $15 per transfer to receive transfers from other FX companies and directly from my UK account.

Thanks

That makes no sense. If you transfer money with Moneycorp, it's already in Australian currency (assuming you did the transfer correctly) so it's not a foreign transfer, it's just a deposit.

Of course they will charge you for transfers in direct from your UK account because there's a currency conversion involved.

I think it depends on how the money is transferred to your account. If it comes from the transfer company via Electronic Funds Transfer there is no charge. If the money is WIRED/uses SWIFT there is a fee when it reaches your account.

I set up an account with ANZ a few weeks ago ready for our move in October. The lady I spoke to at ANZ in London said that I should avoid transferring regular small amounts into the Oz account because there was a deposit charge of $15 for each deposit regardless of amount.

I deposited £100 to test it out via MoneyCorp 2 weeks ago, so far have not been charged the $15 fee??

I set up an account with ANZ a few weeks ago ready for our move in October. The lady I spoke to at ANZ in London said that I should avoid transferring regular small amounts into the Oz account because there was a deposit charge of $15 for each deposit regardless of amount.

I deposited £100 to test it out via MoneyCorp 2 weeks ago, so far have not been charged the $15 fee??

There wont be a bank charge as Moneycorp send the Money from their Australian bank to your Australian account just like a domestic transfer. Its not sent from their UK bank which would register as an international transfer. Ive never been charged a cent.

Guest John from Moneycorp

Being a Poms in Oz member you should not be charged any transfer fees - any issues feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks

John

Guest John from Moneycorp
Money received today into my nab account through moneycorp and no fees/charges at all.

great service!

Pleased you are happy with everything.

Archived