co further information request

swallow

hi all,

got a co allocated a few days ago. they have requested an Australian police clearance certificate as have been in Australia more than 12 months in the last 10 years. this is the only thing they have requested. I wrung immigration and they said if theres only one thing requested and that's all they want to see? is this true? I have a feeling they will request more info after we submit this.

my question is do they normally request further documents only once? or one at a time?

If that's all they asked for then that's all they want. Did you do your medical already?

I hope that's so then. :)

Done medicals and UK pcc when I submitted my EOI. As I haven't used a migration agent I overlooked the Australian pcc. Didnt think I would need it as spent 11 months in Australia 9 years ago and two other seperate 3 week holidays. So just takes me over the 12 months unfortunately. So now got to wait for that to come back.

I didn't know if they would find other things to request or if the case officer hasn't fully looked at before requesting the Australian PCC.

Constant thought at the back of my mind.

I'm sure you'll be OK, my CO requested my partners birth certificate as further info, and the medical and police checks. I uploaded the birth cert, UK pcc and had my medical done. Next time I was in contact with CO he said we were still just waiting for my USA police check (which i am still waiting for after 3.5 months!)

So I wouldn't worry if that's the only thing that are requesting!

I'm sure you'll be OK, my CO requested my partners birth certificate as further info, and the medical and police checks. I uploaded the birth cert, UK pcc and had my medical done. Next time I was in contact with CO he said we were still just waiting for my USA police check (which i am still waiting for after 3.5 months!)

So I wouldn't worry if that's the only thing that are requesting!

Wow that's an agonising wait. I am hoping they come back quickly as co has gave 28 days to get document submitted .

Normally, they will request the information they need to finalise an application in one go. However, if the further information you provide throws up more questions (e.g. your police check shows you have been naughty) then you can expect further requests for information.

For most visa applications, the CO will not want to see reams of material - simply the right material to let the boxes be ticked. The boxes and pass/fail (albeit some fails can lead to waivers); the point is that they don't judge in terms of excellence and an excellent score for one box won't change a fail to a pass in another box.

Normally, they will request the information they need to finalise an application in one go. However, if the further information you provide throws up more questions (e.g. your police check shows you have been naughty) then you can expect further requests for information.

For most visa applications, the CO will not want to see reams of material - simply the right material to let the boxes be ticked. The boxes and pass/fail (albeit some fails can lead to waivers); the point is that they don't judge in terms of excellence and an excellent score for one box won't change a fail to a pass in another box.

Thank you for clearing this up everyone. I couldn't find info online about it. Applied for my AFP clearance on Friday and was pleasantly supprised to see an email saying it's all done and in the post on Sunday! Fingers crossed it arrives this week. Would be nice to have a Grant this week!