Morley, Perth

dagefo

My wife and I are moving out to Perth in August and, as luck would have it, an old university friend who owns a house in Perth is off for a 12 month travel around the world at roughly the same time. He has offered to rent out his place while he is away and has offered us a good price for renting.

I just wanted to know if people know much about the area Morley. Is it nice? I'm presuming my friend wouldn't have bought a place in a dodgy area of town but just wanted to check. Is there much in the area? Any info you might have would be great!

Thanks

My wife and I are moving out to Perth in August and, as luck would have it, an old university friend who owns a house in Perth is off for a 12 month travel around the world at roughly the same time. He has offered to rent out his place while he is away and has offered us a good price for renting.

I just wanted to know if people know much about the area Morley. Is it nice? I'm presuming my friend wouldn't have bought a place in a dodgy area of town but just wanted to check. Is there much in the area? Any info you might have would be great!

Thanks

Not so much dodgy, but it is a little dull, depending on which part of Morley you are in. It has the galleria shopping centre, which is fantastic. It has a bus terminal so you can get a good connection to the city. You won't find many poms there. Maybe not such a bad thing. Bit of a journey to the beach. Does the house have a pool?

It's a typical non-descript Perth suburb - although I only ever went for the shopping centre so don't know it well. No reason not to take up the offer and if you're working in the CBD the commute will be reasonable.

No pool unfortunately but I'm sure we'll make do without

It's an okayish place to live. I grew up in 'posh' dianella next door. Bayswater pool is close. Inglewood pool is better. There are a couple of good golf courses nearby. The river is not far away.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Morley is OK and if you are new to the place and only looking for somewhere to rent while you check other suburbs out it could be ideal.

We rented in Como for a year and it gave us a good chance to look around. No that we had anything against Como, it's quite a nice suburb but we always wanted to be near the Coast and that's where we've ended up. We were in Como for about a year, renting. Had to wait till we both had steady jobs before we could get a mortgage. We had seen a suburb we liked when we had only been here weeks and we didn't find anything that met our needs better.

We moved to that suburb at the end of the first year and the rental had done it's job.

• 3 weeks later...

You could do a lot worse in Perth than Morley.

Anyone who says Morley in "dull" would really have to living dead centre in Freo or Perth to make such statements, that is just a bizarre comment. If anything has far more to do than the average Perth suburb and is quite well built up compared to most Perth suburbs.

In terms of being dodgy, it's not considered a dodgy suburb. You might get a few rev heads around there, might see a few questionable characters hanging around the Galleria but no I would not say Morley is a dodgy area.

It's also actually a great suburb to get an idea of Perth as well considering it's very central to the northern suburbs (not too far away but it wouldn't be considered an inner suburb).

My sister in law and best friend live in Morley and I frequently head there and have been for over 15 years. I've considered living in Morley once but opted for Yokine (However I went to Morley for shopping etc as it was the closest place that had everything I needed).

Archived