Just arrived in Buderim...

ninamorley

Hi All

Just thought I'd say hello. My name Nina, I'm married to Marcus and we have 4 year old twins and a 14 year old daughter .We have just arrived in Buderim (we've been here a week now). We have been in Australia for just over 5 years (have been living in Adelaide up till now) We came to the Sunshine Coast last year on Holiday and fell in love with the place so thought we'd give it a go (you only like once and all that). It was a pretty big deal up routing the kids, in fact I was more apprehensive about the move to Queensland than I was about moving to Australia in the first place. But now we are here I am loving it, Buderim is a beautiful place. We are still heavily reliant on SatNav to get around but I did find my way to the post office and back today without it so feeling very proud of myself lol.

Any way, we know nobody here so if any one would like to befriend a newby family of 5 we'd be grateful!

Nina & Family

Hi Nina and family, we've been over in maroochydore for 5 weeks now so also very new, also a family of 5, me, Emma, hubby, Dave and 3 boys eldest 20, then 18, youngest is 11, I'm still using the sat nav have tried without it but just get lost, we will have to arrange a meet up at some point,

Hi All

Just thought I'd say hello. My name Nina, I'm married to Marcus and we have 4 year old twins and a 14 year old daughter .We have just arrived in Buderim (we've been here a week now). We have been in Australia for just over 5 years (have been living in Adelaide up till now) We came to the Sunshine Coast last year on Holiday and fell in love with the place so thought we'd give it a go (you only like once and all that). It was a pretty big deal up routing the kids, in fact I was more apprehensive about the move to Queensland than I was about moving to Australia in the first place. But now we are here I am loving it, Buderim is a beautiful place. We are still heavily reliant on SatNav to get around but I did find my way to the post office and back today without it so feeling very proud of myself lol.

Any way, we know nobody here so if any one would like to befriend a newby family of 5 we'd be grateful!

Nina & Family

Hope you settle in well, Buderim's a beautiful spot. I'm sure you'll find some friends in time, keep an eye open for toddler groups for you and the twins to go to. You'll make friends at school easily i'm sure too.

Hey Nina

I have been on Alexandra Headland for just over a year now. Buderim is a great place, I'm sure you are loving it. I go to a playgroup, which would be good for the twins (I think there's 4 sets of twins that go there), its on Wises Road, Maroochydore at the Lifepointe church. It is open on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 9:30 - 11:30. You will meet lots of people there, everyone is very friendly.

If you are looking to rent or buy a property, give me a shout. I work for Mink Property in Mountain creek.

Hey Kell

Thanks for the info. I will definitely check out the play group. We have been here just over 2 weeks and its already starting to feel like home. I took the twins to the playground near the Alex Surf club today they loved it!

We have already bought a house, in fact we bought it while we were still in SA with out even seeing it! fortunately we were very happy when we finally saw it the other week.

Hey Nina

I have been on Alexandra Headland for just over a year now. Buderim is a great place, I'm sure you are loving it. I go to a playgroup, which would be good for the twins (I think there's 4 sets of twins that go there), its on Wises Road, Maroochydore at the Lifepointe church. It is open on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 9:30 - 11:30. You will meet lots of people there, everyone is very friendly.

If you are looking to rent or buy a property, give me a shout. I work for Mink Property in Mountain creek.

Yea that playground at Alex is our local, as that is where we live...

Moving interstate and buying a house without seeing it is very common so you're not alone haha.. Glad you like the property, there are some beauties in Buderim.

Hi there! Sounds an exciting time for your family. We have considered doing the doing the same. Really interested to see how life in the SC compares with Adelaide? Particularly with jobs, cost of living and house prices.

I bet the winter weather is better than here in Adelaide

Hi Toast72

Yes it's been very exciting and a little stressful. But we love it here, Buderim is beautiful and centrally located. There is so much to do. We have been on the beach most days even in winter. The twins were in the sea on Monday it was 23 degrees!

Cost of living seems similar to Adelaide, although we haven't had any bills yet so time will tell. There is no mains gas here so I am expecting the electric to be higher, but that said we haven't had to have the heating on as it is so much warmer than Adelaide.

Houses are more expensive than Adelaide. We have just bought a 4 bed without a pool and it cost us $550K.

Not sure about jobs, I've not started looking yet. I'm a registered nurse and there are a few hospitals locally so I am sure I will find something.

Feel free to PM me if there is anything else I can help with.

Nina

Hi there! Sounds an exciting time for your family. We have considered doing the doing the same. Really interested to see how life in the SC compares with Adelaide? Particularly with jobs, cost of living and house prices.

I bet the winter weather is better than here in Adelaide

• 5 months later...

Hi nina,

we are moving to Sippy Downs in 2 weeks from central coast queensland with our 2 children 12 and 7. How have you settled in? I am also a nurse and would be keen to find out how you got on finding work?

look forward to hearing from you

zoe

Hi Nina,

It would be great to know how you're finding things. We're currently planning the move from the UK to the Sunshine Coast with 3 children, at the time we move they'll be 6, 5 and 1.

How have you found the community for settling into and what have schools been like?

With best wishes,

Stu

Hi Toast72

Yes it's been very exciting and a little stressful. But we love it here, Buderim is beautiful and centrally located. There is so much to do. We have been on the beach most days even in winter. The twins were in the sea on Monday it was 23 degrees!

Cost of living seems similar to Adelaide, although we haven't had any bills yet so time will tell. There is no mains gas here so I am expecting the electric to be higher, but that said we haven't had to have the heating on as it is so much warmer than Adelaide.

Houses are more expensive than Adelaide. We have just bought a 4 bed without a pool and it cost us $550K.

Not sure about jobs, I've not started looking yet. I'm a registered nurse and there are a few hospitals locally so I am sure I will find something.

Feel free to PM me if there is anything else I can help with.

Nina

Hi Nina, we are Kymm, Liam and Indi (4) from scotland, we've been here for 3 weeks, living in meridan plains (sort of north/west caloundra). We originally were thinking of Adelaide but decided on somewhere warmer. Getting used to driving around now but still use google maps - not always easy as lots of new developments aren't on the map yet! Always keen to meet new people :)

Hi All

Nina & Family

Hi All

Neil, Maria and our two sons, 13+11 year olds, been in Australia for 6 weeks now! Been staying in Brisbane but wish to locate to Sunshine Coast. Have done several trips up to SC but now need to plant ourselves somewhere!! Important is schools for our sons, but until they re-open end of Jan its quite hard to guage, they all look good on the internet. Like the sound of schools Kawana Waters and Meridian Plains but would love some info or advice on any schools in the area, especially if you or friends have similar children the same age, coming up several days this week, Mon 4th- Thur 7th Jan. HELP needed!! Many thanks

Archived