Requiring help for visiting my family

RyanBrown91

Hey all.

I'm heading out to visit my family soon. Money and work is a problem for all of us right now, so we're unable to apply for any long-term visas at the moment. It seems as though I'll have to settle for a 651 eVisitor for now, and do a bit of jumping back and forth. But the problem with this is that it doesn't allow me any kind of end game, or a way to do anything other than mooch off my partner.

My partners solely looking after our little girl. I've already been stuck apart from them almost a year because of a failed attempt at getting them into the UK. I've already used up my working holiday a couple of years back. I just need options I suppose, are there any other visas that may allow me to work there? Any parent visas that won't cost me an arm and a leg? Or, if I'm stuck with the 651 for now, could I switch that into a better visa along the way that would be financially possible?

I'm sorry for the many questions, I'm just at a loss. I can't be apart from them any longer but I can't be a burden to them. If I can't work straight away, I at least need some light at the end of the tunnel that I can put into some kind of plan of action.

Thank you in advance for any information. Here's hoping there's a magical solution I don't know about. My daughter has recently turned one if that matters at all, but it doesn't seem there's any immediate perks of being a parent in this visa lark.

I am not sure what you mean regarding the finances, do you mean you are not able to pay for a partner visa?

If so, the 457 temporary work visa is cheaper, but you would need to find a willing employer sponsor and be in an occupation on the occupation lists.

But maybe the best thing to do is save up, even if it means sacrificing a trip out.

I've been a carer for the last several months, which made money harder to come by. I definitely should have mentioned this also; we're only engaged, not yet married. We're planning on getting married shortly after I arrive.

The partner visa is around 3k right? I would just go on the 651, and apply for the partner visa whilst I'm out there, but we really don't have the money to spare. You may be right, sucking it up and saving may be the best call...

I'm confused though. Would a parent, or partner visa be the best option? They seem about the same price. I'm not at all aware of the success rate on these things if that's the right term. Is there a good chance upon applying for either of those that it would be rejected?

Also, unfortunately, my skills are mostly based around cafeteria work.

I've been a carer for the last several months, which made money harder to come by. I definitely should have mentioned this also; we're only engaged, not yet married. We're planning on getting married shortly after I arrive.

The partner visa is around 3k right? I would just go on the 651, and apply for the partner visa whilst I'm out there, but we really don't have the money to spare. You may be right, sucking it up and saving may be the best call...

I'm confused though. Would a parent, or partner visa be the best option? They seem about the same price. I'm not at all aware of the success rate on these things if that's the right term. Is there a good chance upon applying for either of those that it would be rejected?

No a parent visa is about $48k. Forget it if money is tight!

As work related visa is not an option, you really just need to get saving up. Going onshore to apply does not reduce the cost, it used to increase it quite a lot, but I think it might be the same now, anyways it is still expensive.

The partner visa is around 3k right? I would just go on the 651, and apply for the partner visa whilst I'm out there, but we really don't have the money to spare.

No a parent visa is about $48k. Forget it if money is tight!

There seems to be some confusion with Parent and Partner visas.

If you are looking to get married and apply for a Partner visa the lodgement fee is around $7,000.

There seems to be some confusion with Parent and Partner visas.

If you are looking to get married and apply for a Partner visa the lodgement fee is around $7,000.

Not sure what confusion you think there is. OP had asked whether a parent or partner visa would be best...?

• 1 month later...

This might be a silly question but have you looked into the PMV 300, since you are engaged to be married? Only thing is that you have to apply offshore and waiting time is 10-14 months :o(

Yes, I was going to say PMV?

I'm guessing you can't get them into UK because you don't have enough income? Is getting a job with a higher income and reapplying for a UK visa a more expedient course perhaps? Don't suppose your partner can get an Ancestry visa or other European passport to facilitate a UK entry?

Archived