Due to negative posts

KIRK AND CO

Guest Andrea Bridge

I think anyone who could be put off by a few negative posts, is better off staying here! Christ alive........ once there, you are gonna have more than that to contend with!

We are about to leave (36 days!!) and this bit is very stressful! Packers are in, leaving parties are tearful (and people have been playing the guilt card!) and a whole host of other things...... We do still KNOW that we want to try though.

Falling at the first hurdle, however, means it was never right for you.

Count your blessings!!

Enjoy your life here... but for God's sake - Don't look for the negatives, as I am afraid you would struggle to cope with them. There are negatives everywhere.

If you really, really read the threads here.... and I do mean REALLY READ THEM... there are far more positive than negative. Perhaps you have both been up for looking for a way out - and one that you can then blame someone else for! If you really wanted to go, you would go.

Andrea x

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gemmahey
No, but they have the keys to your house and will try and lock you out.

Here's one that lives in my garage...I thing they are her babies on her back,:unsure:

O.k That pic is NOT nice now I am going to have nightmares tonight!

(Still not going to put me off tho!):cute:

Guest taffy 62
Ok I`ll apologise in advance if this is an unpopular view but I am getting sick of everyone complaining about the negative posts - it is a an open forum. I think posts aren`t necessarily negative - they are are what other people are experiencing and every bit as valid for them as anyone else.Instead of people always having a go about negative posts why not look at them objectively and see if you too could manage in that situation and what you would do differently. If people are put off so easily then do they really want to go?? It is a big , massive thing and not to be done lightly perhaps people already have that seed of doubt in them. We could all put on happy clappy posts but that isn`t reality and it does no one any good to think that Oz is the land of milk & honey - it`s not, it`s bloody hard work, you are giving up your entire way of life leaving all your friends and family and starting with a blank sheet. For some it`s worth it and make it work, others find find it`s worth it in a different way, in that they appreciate what they had in the UK, whether it`s M&S knickers or having family support. You as an individual have the power to take the positives out of every negative, even if the original poster can`t see it - trust me if you look hard enough you will always find one. By the way when Im talking about negative posts I mean ones where people are struggling financially, emotionally etc not the ones about Oz not having Tesco`s or people not wearing shoes in the shops - those are facts of life and not even worth registering on the scale of things!

Well said McMoo.

I agree I happend to find this site as I have just moved and have a bit of time on my hands.

Its good to read the real negatives re: finance and emotions, as some times being able to relate to someone makes you feel better, even if it is on a negative side.

I"ve been a bit down and its nice to know your not on your own. But I know I'm not always going to feel this way, and as I get my life and emotions back in order my biggest dilema will be how to fit in time to keep ahead of this great site, (It seems to fill in a lot of my time lately) as it's been great learning about what people feel and think, and i've met some really nice people here.

Guest taffy 62
good news OH has read my post & could not understand why I had posted it. HE said he is more up for it than ever & it was a remark that i had blown out of proportion. OH said IF the reason behind these neg posts is to put people off more fools them so sorry for the post i got it wrong thankfully here we come oz & sode the NP

Thats great!:smile: You go for it! Most prob there will be hard times ahead but as long as you love each other and support each other you will get there. I have found that by coming here, our relationship has become so strong, as we only had each other and falling out with each other was'nt an option, it hardly happens and our life is great! 30 years on and we,re still together, not bad to say I was only 15 and still in school when we me, who says young love does'nt last:smile:

I am so glad that postings by anonymous people on one board have not deterred people from taking a move which they believe is right for them. Forewarned is forearmed in every case and if you can wrestle with some of the demons in the process of making up your mind then it is more likely going to be a successful move. From reading many posts, it seems like the biggest problems come when there is either not whole hearted agreement from all parties concerned, or when there are differences of opinion once you get here and one loves and the other loathes. Whichever way it spins, if you both want the same and feel the same then things will be fine.

I think anyone who could be put off by a few negative posts, is better off staying here! Christ alive........ once there, you are gonna have more than that to contend with!

We are about to leave (36 days!!) and this bit is very stressful! Packers are in, leaving parties are tearful (and people have been playing the guilt card!) and a whole host of other things...... We do still KNOW that we want to try though.

Falling at the first hurdle, however, means it was never right for you.

Count your blessings!!

Enjoy your life here... but for God's sake - Don't look for the negatives, as I am afraid you would struggle to cope with them. There are negatives everywhere.

If you really, really read the threads here.... and I do mean REALLY READ THEM... there are far more positive than negative. Perhaps you have both been up for looking for a way out - and one that you can then blame someone else for! If you really wanted to go, you would go.

Andrea x

i have read them & i think you should really really read them as you might find i made a wrong assumption of a comment.

Do you know earlswood - you're really unlucky, not only do you live in the worst part of WAwith all it's grafitti and crime and drunken brawls you end up with a house infested with spiders and everything that can go wrong for you does (according to your posts). Please tell us which suburb you live then prospective migrants can avoid it - and have a chance of being happy in oz

Ali

Guest earlswood
Do you know earlswood - you're really unlucky, not only do you live in the worst part of WAwith all it's grafitti and crime and drunken brawls you end up with a house infested with spiders and everything that can go wrong for you does (according to your posts). Please tell us which suburb you live then prospective migrants can avoid it - and have a chance of being happy in oz

Ali

At the momment I am living in this office block as I have been kicked out of my rented flat...the firm I work for has let me use a spare office for a couple of weeks.

Perth WA, Australia - Google Maps

Guest JoanneHattersley
good news OH has read my post & could not understand why I had posted it. HE said he is more up for it than ever & it was a remark that i had blown out of proportion. OH said IF the reason behind these neg posts is to put people off more fools them so sorry for the post i got it wrong thankfully here we come oz & sode the NP

Thats good! Welcome (back!) to PIO and enjoy. Remember that there is a big difference between negativity and realism! Its like anything in life, you look for the negatives and you will find them. Look for positives in life and move forward!

GOod Luck and keep us posted!

Guest Gollywobbler
No...but they have frigging great spiders that live in your house and think they own it and YOU are the pest:huh:

This seems a reasonable stance by the spiders, Earlwood. They are, after all, indigenous to Oz, most of them. If some schmuck of a human chooses to build it a house, it saves the spider the bother of constructing its own nest, it seems to me. Intelligent delegation of tasks, I'd call it!

Cheers

Gill

Archived