Xmas Holiday - UK?

MelbourneTractor

Can't decide what to do for Xmas...

Was tempted to go back to Leicester but we've only got leave between the 24th of December and 3rd of January which doesn't give us much time at home.

*My partners work won't allow any additional holiday outside of those dates*

Anyone else going back for such a short period?

If you are going to do it, with a such short time there, then invest in business class. If you are arriving after Xmas Day, it might be a cheaper fare? I had a feeling that the peak is something like 10 to 23 December, though I'm not sure. Can you possibly ask for some unpaid leave, to at least 'boost' it to a fortnight?

Nah her employers are very strict when it comes to leave in December and January.

Found flights which leave Xmas Eve evening and land at Birmingham Xmas arvo, so we could be home in time for dinner :smile:, and then depart (hangovers and all) on the 1st arriving back in Melbourne on the 3rd.

You will be very jet-lagged but best wishes if you do go! :smile: I was very fortunate to have an understanding manager when I was working who let me have the summer school holidays off every year so I was able to spend a few Christmases and New Years in the UK.

Can't decide what to do for Xmas...

Was tempted to go back to Leicester but we've only got leave between the 24th of December and 3rd of January which doesn't give us much time at home.

*My partners work won't allow any additional holiday outside of those dates*

Anyone else going back for such a short period?

Try sitting in a dark cupboard on a block of ice burning fifty pound notes every couple of minutesand see if you like it. Nice as Xmas is in the UK, with all the Xmas feel. I'd spend it in oz any day. Why not try before or after, at least flights will be cheaper.

Archived