one way flights!!

trevnod

Luggage stays on board and you get an hour or so wandering around the airport.

Refuelling at Bangkok with Emirates a week ago, travelling SYD to DXB, the choice was:

(a) take all your carry-on baggage off the plane with you and have to pass through security before boarding again, or

(b) stay on the plane

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I couldn't remember him mentioning singapore on the phone but I guess we couldn't go from london to Sydney without stopping!

Tbh I couldn't find a massive difference in price that made it worth the travel. Trains are expensive! Flights are cheapish but then I've got to pay for my luggage too and then a hotel. I'll keep looking though just incase

Found a cheap way to do it but it's a crazy one. Edinburgh to Oslo then Oslo to Bangkok then Bangkok to Kuala Lumpar then onto Perth. Takes 2 days and is a long one but I got a total quote of £292 for the complete single trip. Think I am going to do that as you get robbed blind booking a single paying close to £600 for it. Rip off Britain!

Found a cheap way to do it but it's a crazy one. Edinburgh to Oslo then Oslo to Bangkok then Bangkok to Kuala Lumpar then onto Perth. Takes 2 days and is a long one but I got a total quote of £292 for the complete single trip. Think I am going to do that as you get robbed blind booking a single paying close to £600 for it. Rip off Britain!

lol well that's a interesting one! If I go one way it'll be with etihad for £570. I couldn't handle that price. I'm currently looking at the types of prices it is from Australia to the UK with sta travel

That sounds fun if it works. Be careful that the prices include tax - once you look at flights outside Europe, sometimes the quoted fares don't include taxes. Also be sure to include long layovers if all the legs are on separate tickets - one cancellation or delay could ruin the rest of the tickets.

That won't include luggage because when I looked at the edinburgh to Bangkok to sydney the air asia flight didn't include my luggage but when I converted the price it was only like £5 or something like that.

I wouldn't do that other route though - sounds too risky and long just for a little bit of saving but that's just me. If it works out then it might be fun

Yes I wouldn't risk it either but blimey just goes to show if you are prepared to take the risk, you can save :cool:

If it is on just the two airlines, I would absolutely do it but with a couple of days in BKK as a stopover and buffer in case things went awry. It sounds great fun.

Haha well I got called MR twice and The first time I got a rude woman who basically said she wouldn't tell me how much it was till I actually booked it. So I didn't last long with her lol. Then I phoned back and got a guy. He was a bit better other than calling me Mr too. He said it's either 20 American dollars, 50 dollars or free. It depends on the flight. He was supposed to give me a price for a flight but he put me on hold for 13 minutes so I gave up.

I've found this one. Sensible head is telling me to book it. Other part of me is saying I don't know if I want to come home so it's quite a bit to waste. Sensible head will probably win

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435078344.352029.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435078344.352029.jpg

I was actually looking at that ryanair one too. Edinburgh to dublin then dublin to sydney. Ryanair flight was £10 but then the luggage was £30 I think.

I'll probably either do a edinburgh to Abu Dhabi to sydney or a Edinburgh to Bangkok to Sydney

Flying to Ireland would cut out a huge amount of UK intercontinental air passenger duty.