Philippine Air

bobby122

Hi, just wondered if anyone had any experience of Philippine Air? I've just booked with them and got a steal on a 1 way ticket from Heathrow to Melbourne. Last time I flew Royal Brunei and was keen to only have 1 connection this time rather than 2.

That's a great price!And 23 kg of luggage is a fair amount!Thanks for letting me know and good luck & best wishes with your plans!(Im guessing the amount you've shared includes taxes?)

Yes, with taxes, I wasn't going to book for another couple of weeks but I felt I couldn't wait on that price.

Does anyone know if it IS 23kg baggage? I saw on a third party agent the ticket was advertised with 30kg but on the PA website it's not very clear.

Guest Dave53

What's the flight time from getting on in London to arriving in Melbourne ?

Dave C

What's the flight time from getting on in London to arriving in Melbourne ?

Dave C

Leaves Heathrow at 10:50pm and arrives Melbourne 2 days later at 7:20am (14 hour 15 min flight to Manila and 8 hour 10 min to Melbourne.)

I'm under no illusions it'll be basic, but a long haul flight is a long haul flight I suppose, unless you're flying first class it's never going to be a pleasurable experience!

Leaves Heathrow at 10:50pm and arrives Melbourne 2 days later at 7:20am (14 hour 15 min flight to Manila and 8 hour 10 min to Melbourne.)

I'm under no illusions it'll be basic, but a long haul flight is a long haul flight I suppose, unless you're flying first class it's never going to be a pleasurable experience!

Ouch - thats a long first leg to Manilla. Must be one of the longest non stop flights going. Will make the second flight seem like nothing though :-)

Managed to get return with Philippines with only 24hr flights for $2400 each all up. School holidays here so beats the 3200 everyone else was quoting. Could have got much cheaper with other airlines but wanted to avoid 16hr stopover. The extra expense actually affords two extra days on the ground so well worth it IMHO

I'm under no illusions it'll be basic

No reason why it should be. An economy seat is an economy seat, pretty much regardless of which airline you fly. IME, the lesser known airlines often have better food too.

We flew with them but a good while ago, once was enough. The stopover in Manilla was woeful both ways. The plane got struck by lightening and we limped to Frankfurt and then had to stay there. Of course this could happen to any plane b but no I would not fly with them again. Its too far to be uncomfortable and stopover in Manilla lol

Guest Dave53
No reason why it should be. An economy seat is an economy seat, pretty much regardless of which airline you fly. IME, the lesser known airlines often have better food too.

I have to agree .. I've flown back and forth from Australia to the UK about 20 times , always in economy , and always it's a bum numbing experience no matter what airline I fly . If I'm honest , the one airline which gets good reviews and I find one of the most uncomfortable is Emirates . They squeeze 10 seats cross their 777 aircraft where most others put in 9 , John West class at its worst . Can't comment on Phillipine Airlines , but you could well be pleasantly surprised ... Bon Voyage ..

Dave C

Thanks guys.

By basic I mean they don't have seat back TV's!! Which for a 14 hour flight is going to be quite challenging.

They did get back to me though to say baggage allowance is 30kg not 23 so that's good.

I found one way tickets from London to Sydney in June for £359, just in case anyone else needs to fly out on the cheap!

Archived