186 nomination refused. What to do now?

Mera

That's a bit harsh. Everyone makes a mistake at some point in their working life. I think it is more important that errors are identified and corrected and that people learn from them. There is no recruitment or training methodology that will prevent errors from ever being made and harsh treatment when initial errors are made only encourages people to hide them which would be much worse IMO.

Must say I agree. He who is without sin etc etc .

Alan had the presence of mind and courage to address the issue on here in public, and has acknowledged that the employee now knows better. I'm sure we have all made errors at work and it is the mark of a good boss to defend an employee and help them to do better. If mistakes continue then look at more serious measures. But no way does a reputable company like that (yes, I have used them in the past to good effect) deserve to lose years of good reputation because of one error.

I have recently come across a RMA - not a staff member, but a RMA themselves - giving out horrendously inaccurate advice on another forum. The error this staff member made pales into insgnificance beside some of the advice this guy is giving - to the extent that the moderators are telling him to leave.

IMO, if Mr Collett wanted to address the situation, he would have sacked the employee immediately and then looked at himself quite long and hard and asked how his recruitment and/or training could have been so wide of the mark. This was not a minor thing, as Alan Collett's own reaction showed before he knew it was his own company responsible.

Apparently Alan knows that sacking an employee over this type of error would risk an unfair dismissal claim, so instead he chose to deal with it properly.

Hi I am new on this form can any one help me what can I do my case is 457 visa granted on 21/12/2012 and it's valid for 2 year 21/12/2014 my employer lodge his 186 visa nomination file on 16/12/2014 and I lodge my 186 visa file on 21/12/2014 and 0n 23 April 2015 my employer revived refusal email from immi because he not complete two year of 457 can any one plz help me what I do next I am briding visa at the moment.

Just a reminder what the topic of this thread is, any off topic comments will be removed from now , should you wish to discuss a company or individuals ,first make sure your within the rules and second ,start your own thread.

Cal x

• 10 months later...
Hi I am new on this form can any one help me what can I do my case is 457 visa granted on 21/12/2012 and it's valid for 2 year 21/12/2014 my employer lodge his 186 visa nomination file on 16/12/2014 and I lodge my 186 visa file on 21/12/2014 and 0n 23 April 2015 my employer revived refusal email from immi because he not complete two year of 457 can any one plz help me what I do next I am briding visa at the moment.

Hi,

I have the same situation wz you. My expire visa 457 was Oct 29 but my lawyer applied nomination 186 Transition before that on Aug 25. We are waiting for approval nomination

until now don't have any news. Do you think if it can pass or not. How about your visa PR now. Pls help to update it wz thanks