CTP (Compulsory Third Party Insurance) QLD

Jo&Rich

Time to renew my CTP, and decided to get some quotes. Not the first time I'd done this, but had never noticed the website printed on the registration renewal notice;

Welcome to the CTP Premium Calculator (Motor Accident Insurance Commission)

You enter when your CTP renewal is due, and what kind of vehicle it is (car/bike etc), and it lists the different CTP insurers and their prices. Didn't realise it was a flat fee, been thinking it was specific to us! The difference between insurers was only about $6! Decided to go with the company who does our comprehensive insurance, then it's easier to deal with one company if we have a mishap.

I'm a plank, and you've probably all seen this, but was new info for me.:embarrassed:

Jo

Guest John Sydney

The Insurance cover is standard but sometimes there is quite a big difference in price - depends if you have lost points on your license and how hungry the insurance company is for business

The Insurance cover is standard but sometimes there is quite a big difference in price - depends if you have lost points on your license and how hungry the insurance company is for business

There were price differences on my comprehensive insurance quotes, but the CTP element alone is all a very similar in price in Queensland, irrespective of any claims/points etc; not sure about other states.

Jo

Guest EM&M

We did look at this when ours was due and not much difference. Totally off the subject but has anyone noticed the Ambulance Cover suppliment on your Electricity bills?? I have been here 9 months and only just noticed it check my other statements and its the same. It says if you think it is incorrect you have to appeal??

Em x

ctp prices vary by about $9.00 ,not worth the telephone call,lol

Ambulance cover isnt compulsary in every state , in queensland it is included on your elec bill,saves a big bill or having claiming on private health insurance if you do need to ring one!

Cal x

Archived