Training benchmarks for 186 Transition stream

pj183600

After 2 years on a 457 we are in the process of applying for PR through the temporary residents transition stream.

We are using a MA. On the employer nominatio form from the agency it asks for the amount spent on training over the past 12 months.

It says that if you are applying through the direct entry stream you need to provide evidence of the amount spent. Does this mean that in my case it's not needed?

I know my employer is struggling to get the figures together and suspect they will provide a guesstimate. I'm worried that if they do this they won't have evidence to back it up.

Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences?

After 2 years on a 457 we are in the process of applying for PR through the temporary residents transition stream.

We are using a MA. On the employer nominatio form from the agency it asks for the amount spent on training over the past 12 months.

It says that if you are applying through the direct entry stream you need to provide evidence of the amount spent. Does this mean that in my case it's not needed?

I know my employer is struggling to get the figures together and suspect they will provide a guesstimate. I'm worried that if they do this they won't have evidence to back it up.

We are going through 187 transition stream. Nomination ladged Feb 2015 and still waiting for word from DIBP. Evidence of training expenditure is needed for the transition stream. This is important to show employer has complied with their obligations as your 457 visa sponsor.

It is required. It is worrying that they are "struggling to get the figures together" because that should be very easy, companies code their expenditure for accounting and tax purposes. Sounds like they have not complied to date?

It is required. It is worrying that they are "struggling to get the figures together" because that should be very easy, companies code their expenditure for accounting and tax purposes. Sounds like they have not complied to date?

It's not always easy. We often send employees overseas for in-house training and those costs are then buried in expense reports, or we have trainers visit from overseas and I have to get someone to send me the details to gather the related costs.

It's not always easy. We often send employees overseas for in-house training and those costs are then buried in expense reports, or we have trainers visit from overseas and I have to get someone to send me the details to gather the related costs.

Correction, it should be readily available for companies that maintain proper records. There are different tax treatments for different types of expenditure so that is why most would try to use coding properly.

Proceed with caution.

Not only will your employer need to show that they have met one of the training benchmarks for the last 12 months, they may be asked for evidence that they have met the training benchmarks for the life of their sponsorship.

Be careful with in house training as it is most often not counted towards the training benchmarks.

Proceed with caution.

Not only will your employer need to show that they have met one of the training benchmarks for the last 12 months, they may be asked for evidence that they have met the training benchmarks for the life of their sponsorship.

Be careful with in house training as it is most often not counted towards the training benchmarks.

We employ 1 maybe 2 designated trainers along with room rental and equipment for them. I'm assuming the wages and cost of rent/equipment could be included?

Archived