Is there a reccesion looming.

duffer34

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eugene - as I recall, you had a PR visa which you let expire whilst you were waiting for the right time to move. It never happened and your family circumstances changed. You are stuck in the UK whether you like it or not. Meanwhile, some of the members here have taken the plunge in the last five or six years - me included. Some of us tried and found it was not for us. Some of us have tried and found our feet. But either way, we tried. You didn't. You just sat on the sidelines telling everyone they were crazy for trying.

Well Eugene, you've made your bed. You might as well enjoy lying in it.

Eugene - as I recall, you had a PR visa which you let expire whilst you were waiting for the right time to move. It never happened and your family circumstances changed. You are stuck in the UK whether you like it or not. Meanwhile, some of the members here have taken the plunge in the last five or six years - me included. Some of us tried and found it was not for us. Some of us have tried and found our feet. But either way, we tried. You didn't. You just sat on the sidelines telling everyone they were crazy for trying.

Well Eugene, you've made your bed. You might as well enjoy lying in it.

My beds very comfy thankyou but if I had tried my bed would definitely been lumpy. I lost nothing and gained so much more so I could say happy here but will be buying a holliday home in spain with the proceeds of not going to oz as the Spanish housing market is low plus £ against euro strong so very happy.

My beds very comfy thankyou but if I had tried my bed would definitely been lumpy. I lost nothing and gained so much more so I could say happy here but will be buying a holliday home in spain with the proceeds of not going to oz as the Spanish housing market is low plus £ against euro strong so very happy.

You posted awhile ago that you were really upset you hadn't made the move and you lost loved ones because of it?

Having left the UK in 2008 having worked for a leading property developer I cant help but think that there is a big correction on its way. The price of housing in the major cities is a concern, housing is a basic requirement not a money making mechanism!!! $1million gets banded about like is a fair price - by the way its not!!!! believe me its sky high and the quality of build isn't great.

Debating on a return to the UK as it seems like earning $150,000K a year doesn't allow you to save up for a house and with the childcare and general living costs.

Is anyone else thinking the same as me, don't get me wrong Oz is amazing but the prices are getting out of control and is need addressing. There is a reason they call it a "housing buble" and we all know what happens with bubbles!!!!!

Look forward to hearing what other peeps think

Cheers

I certainly think that the standard of living in Australia is about to hit a wall then bounce off and fall over a cliff. The boom of the last decade is well and truely over and now it's pay back time for employers. With a surplus of workers and an ever diminishing jobs market added to a non stop influx of immigrants on 457 and permanent visas looking to "live the dream", it is now a recruiters dream. "Now is a good time for business" I read last week. Scarey. Across the country EBA's are being rewritten with both pay rates and conditions reduced which is a reduction of living standards for those directly involved and an indication of the direction that business in general will be taking aided and abetted buy our present government. Tighten your belts everyone.

uk now at full steam ahead oz looking on way down so you move to oz now just to endure more pain. I don't gamble but if I did I would know I backed a loser. The only winners are the ones who sell up now & come back.

But surely if you came when you first had a visa.....you would have scored.

ie selling up in the UK before the GFC ...buying a nice beachfront property in aus , probably mortgage free.

Having a ball, enjoying a different lifestyle .

then if you had wished selling at the height of the boom here, making a killing, head back to the UK, where house prices had dropped.

Some of us move, cos we want a new adventure, but if it had been about money, then I think you may have lost out.

But surely if you came when you first had a visa.....you would have scored.

ie selling up in the UK before the GFC ...buying a nice beachfront property in aus , probably mortgage free.

Having a ball, enjoying a different lifestyle .

then if you had wished selling at the height of the boom here, making a killing, head back to the UK, where house prices had dropped.

Some of us move, cos we want a new adventure, but if it had been about money, then I think you may have lost out.

I never lose just adjust to compensate.

You posted awhile ago that you were really upset you hadn't made the move and you lost loved ones because of it?
If you say so I must of done I don't portray to be an orical just someone who has got it right nearly all the time.

If you say so I must of done I don't portray to be an orical just someone who has got it right nearly all the time.

But that's not actually true. You spent large amounts of money on visas for your family and a validation trip to Australia, yet you are now living on your own in an estate in Newbury whilst many of those you sneered at are happily established in Australia with their families, good jobs, nice homes and shrimps on the barbie.

If you think you've got it right, I'd hate to see what getting it wrong looks like.

But that's not actually true. You spent large amounts of money on visas for your family and a validation trip to Australia, yet you are now living on your own in an estate in Newbury whilst many of those you sneered at are happily established in Australia with their families, good jobs, nice homes and shrimps on the barbie.

If you think you've got it right, I'd hate to see what getting it wrong looks like.

so would I.:laugh:

Archived