Moving to Queensland

thestantons1

We live in Toowoomba and absolutely love it, so if you have any questions feel free to fire them my way :)

Plus it isn't too far from Brisbane and the coast. We're popping to the Gold Coast for the weekend first thing in the morning, plus you have other amazing places pretty much on your doorstep like the Bunya Mountains which is beautiful. x

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in Toowoomba and absolutely love it, so if you have any questions feel free to fire them my way :)

Plus it isn't too far from Brisbane and the coast. We're popping to the Gold Coast for the weekend first thing in the morning, plus you have other amazing places pretty much on your doorstep like the Bunya Mountains which is beautiful. x

How very true.thumbs.gif

Ever tried eating a bunya nut kernel?? Very yummo! The Aboriginals of old used to come up from the plains area every third year to feast on the nuts.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

We are on the same visa and live on the Sunshine Coast (14ish months), which doesn't feel very regional at all. It's an amazing place to live, but work can be difficult to find. I know someone who has moved here from Toowoomba and had a horrible time there as people were very clicky and pretty racist towards the English. But that's my only experience of Toowoomba so obviously doesn't tell the whole story.

If you do decide to head to the Sunny Coast give me a shout and I can help you with any property needs. I work for Mink Property in Mountain Creek.

• 2 weeks later...

Reedy creek has a lot oif rentals, Varsity Lakes has some rentals but also areas of very up market homes, especially

around the lake. Varsity Lake Collage (state school) is a brilliant school.

Wongawallan is more towards the hinterland, quite expensive and be aware there can be major issues with the road due to flooding though I think that road has had some work done on it. Have a look on the GC web site, there is a flood map and you can key in any area you are interested in even the actual street address and it will tell you if it floods. Also with Wongawallen be careful not to buy or rent to close to bush land as there have been some problems in the past with scrub fires.