relationship breakdown on 457

Kezzles

hi guys

Sadly my 12 year relationship has broken down. We have been in oz just one year on a 457. I am the defacto. We notified Immi and last week I received a letter with the intention to cance my visal. I have 5 days to respond to this. My company have agreed to sponsor me and I am 'lucky' I am on the csol list and my company are registered sponsors. My nomination and application were lodged last week and a bridging visa granted.

Its been an extremely stressful time and I am hoping Immi take into account I have my own application lodged before they cancel this one. Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation before?

I have everything crossed as I don't want to leave Australia and am still coming to terms with everything...

If your bridging visa has been granted I would not worry, as soon as your current visa is canceled you bridging visa will start.

No, if the OP's current visa EXPIRED the bridging visa will start. If the current visa is cancelled, the bridging visa is cancelled along with it.

Kezzles, I'd suggest you contact DIBP and advise them that you've applied for your own 457 visa and they are likely to hold off on cancelling your existing visa until your new application is processed.

No, if the OP's current visa EXPIRED the bridging visa will start. If the current visa is cancelled, the bridging visa is cancelled along with it.

Kezzles, I'd suggest you contact DIBP and advise them that you've applied for your own 457 visa and they are likely to hold off on cancelling your existing visa until your new application is processed.

hi maggie may

ive written that letter today and will email it to them tomorrow. Immi guy at cancellations dept told me to put that in the letter too.

I am sure everything will work out. I suppose it's a useful thread for those in long term relationships to consider the 'what if's' on a 457 visa. Your incredibly lucky to have a job on the CSOL and your company sponsor. Many could have struggled and been forced to return. I remember reading all your threads prior to the move so I hope everything continues to work out for you.

I am sure everything will work out. I suppose it's a useful thread for those in long term relationships to consider the 'what if's' on a 457 visa. Your incredibly lucky to have a job on the CSOL and your company sponsor. Many could have struggled and been forced to return. I remember reading all your threads prior to the move so I hope everything continues to work out for you.

Hi jac

yes I am lucky in that respect or it would have meant getting first plane back. It was a long road to get here and i don't want that taken away from me. Perils of a 457 defacto!