Time scale if occupation on the MODL list

Guest alanmac

Guest alanmac

Hello, I/we have just joined this site look's good, we are (me(alan) the wife(Kay) and 3 kids twins aged 3 and daughter aged 15) hoping to move to the Perth area I'm and electrician and I'm hoping to go using the 136 visa. I understand that my job is on the MODL list as in demand does this mean I get "priority processing" and what does this mean?. Thanks in advance Alan

Guest stuckinblighty

hi alan

your trade application should be processed within a month if your on the MODL list (priority processing)then your visa application could take anything between 6 and 9 months.Then theres the house sale ......

Regards,lee

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Lee and Alan

The current stated turn around times are stated on teh TRA site as:

MODL 10 working days

Non MODL 20 working days

When assembling your application, make sure it is decision ready for assessment.

The visa processing times vary from time to time but MODL occupations are given priority. I would suggest patience because it can be a drawn out process. It can take 12 - 15 months 9which is the standard for skilled migration). Priority should be faster than this and perhaps as fast as 6-9 months for priority processing.

regards

Guest Phil Olsen

From TRA site

Decision ready application. A decision ready application must be complete and contain all necessary documents and is taken as being the applicant’s best case for recognition. TRA does not call for additional information.

Hi Alan,

Just to give you an idean, my occupation was on MODL, and it took approx 7 months (give or take a couple of weeks) to get visa from sending off the application to DIMIA. We didn't front load medicals or PC's

Ali

Archived