Time for a Case Officer to pick up application

CameronsDad

Folks

How long did it take for a case officer to start work on your application? We applied nearly three weeks ago and have not seen any movement. Is that unusual or pretty standard.

Thanks

Doesn't seem like very long to me, but note that you are unlikely to "see any movement" even if there is a case officer all over it. Case officers do not introduce themselves and announce that they have started work, they contact you only if they need something.

I applied online and the application status does say 'In Progress' so as you say Bungo, they could be already on it. I suppose it is the Easter holidays too so that might slow things a bit.

Its terrible, I'm just a few days in and have already lost patience.... God only knows what I'll be like in six months.

Doesn't seem like very long to me, but note that you are unlikely to "see any movement" even if there is a case officer all over it. Case officers do not introduce themselves and announce that they have started work, they contact you only if they need something.

My co rang me up to introduce himself, is that unusual?

Archived